Chapter Thirteen

Scott looked over as Isobel as she watched Tim sit there in the room by himself. Scott leaned over and told her she probably should go home the rest of the day.

"It's only 2," Isobel said as she pushed herself away from the wall she was leaning against. Scott looks over through the glass at Tim and points at him "We have Tim. We have Stacy. We have testimonies. You can hopefully relax a little bit until trial." Scott said while looking at her in the eyes. "I would rather a partner who has her head in the case, who is focused and has her energy," Scott added.

"Look, I have it together," Isobel said as she grabbed the folder out of Scott's hand, opens the door and slams it behind her. As she goes to sit down, she observes Scott slowly opening up the door that had gotten slammed in his face. Scott walks to his desk and sits there. He taps his fingers on his desk impatiently trying to think of how to help her. "Those two guys." Scott said to himself while putting his head in his hands. "I still have to question those two guys. Why the hell would they attack a police officer." Scott added and looked over to Isobel watching her type away on her computer.

Scott stood up and walked over to Nadia. "I don't want Isobel involved in this questioning she has already been through enough today," Scott said as he leaned down to talk to her. "Who are we talking to?" Nadia asked. "Two men who attacked her," Scott added while standing up and walking to holding. Nadia looked over at Isobel and walked over to open the door as Scott grabbed one of the guys and took them into Interrogation 1. Isobel looked up from her computer and noticed them walking into the room.

She clenched her fist and turned back to her computer. On her computer, she was searching for new leads for the case, she felt like there was more they were missing.

In interrogation 1, Scott sat one of the two guys down. The other one was still in holding. "Darwin Anderson," Scott said as he sat down at the table looking at him. "You know how dumb it is to jump one of our officers?" He asked while shaking his head. "It was my brother Drake." He is the one you need to be talking to. I was just along with an agreement." Darwin said while looking careless "Agreement? What agreement?" Scott asked while tapping his fingers. "Some guy..... Some guy that Drake knows. Paid him $1,000 to get the job done." Darwin said while shrugging his shoulders. "I swear I didn't even touch her." He added while leaning forward making his voice known.

"Don't worry, we will check cameras, and talk to your brother to see what he says about all of this," Scott said while writing something down. "Does this some guy have a name?" Scott asked. "That, once again Sherlock, is something you need to ask my brother," Darwin stated.

"So you weren't with him when he made whatever agreement with this guy?" Scott asked while looking up from his paper. "No, I was at home he grabbed me and told me we had stuff to do. Next, I know we were waiting around the police station for her to come he said all he needed to do was talk to her." Darwin added. "Talk to him... you won't get any information out of me because I don't know anything," Darwin stated while slouching down in his chair.

"We are done," Scott said while standing up. Scott opened up the door and asked Nadia to take him back to holding as he grabbed Drake. As Scott opened up the door, Drake looked over at Isobel at her desk and shouted from across the precinct "Be careful. There are more out there." as Scott pushed him into Interrogation 1.

"Already talked to your brother so you better just come clean with me," Scott said as he sat Drake down and then took a seat across the table. "Agreement?" Scott asked simply. "What about it?" Drake asked as he leaned in closer to Scott. "I got my money. I almost did the job. Until you came along." He said with a smirk.

"What job. Who paid you?" Scott said while raising his voice. "Are you aware you can get some time for this?" Scott added while slamming his fist down on the table.