Chapter Ten

Isobel grabbed her phone and dialled Bridgette's number. "Hey, it's Detective Callahan," Isobel said as she tapped the steering wheel. "Is there a place we can meet up and talk or are you available to stop by the precinct today." Isobel continued "Great. Give me one second to write that down" Isobel said as she grabbed her notebook and was writing down an address. "I'll be over shortly," Isobel said as she hung up the phone.

Scott looked at Isobel and asked what the plan was. "We will just meet Bridgette at her place," Isobel said as she started to drive down Kistler Ave. Scott took the piece of paper and looked at the address. "Huh. This is the address of a small store downtown." Scott said as he had a curious look on his face. "Maybe as we get closer I'll call her back to confirm," Isobel said as she continues to drive.

Coming up close to the address, Isobel leans in closer to the steering wheel to look at the building. "It is a store, but if you look up, there are windows so it is an apartment as well" she adds while pointing up at the building while driving slow. Isobel went on to find a parking spot. While getting out Isobel was contemplating whether to go in the front doors of the store or if there was access outback. "No, probably outback; if the store was closed obviously she'd have to have a way to get inside her house." Isobel said while clipping on her badge then walked around back with Scott.

The building was of old fashioned brick. Some of the bricks looked like they were breaking at the bottom of the building, but it seemed all the windows had been replaced which must be nice. They walked around back and came to a set of wooden stairs that lead upstairs to a door. "This must be it," Isobel said as she started up the stairs. Scott followed behind gripping the railing of the stairs and started to look nervous. He was always afraid of heights, even if it was just rickety old stairs going up a story.

Isobel came to the door and knocked then waited. Bridgette answered and smiled while opening the door for them to come in. "You look a lot better," Isobel said while walking in. "By better, I mean well-rested" she added while putting her hand on her back with a big smile. "Thanks, taking time off has helped a little even if it was a day or so." Bridgette said while walking toward the kitchen. "Can I get you guys' coffee? Water?" Bridgette asked while smiling. Isobel walked over to Bridgette and leaned on the counter. "I am good, we are here about some more questions we have and hope that you can answer them," Isobel said while looking over at Scott.

"Are you familiar with the name Stacy at Vic's Cafe?" Isobel asked while taking her notepad and pen out of her coat pocket. "Stacy, yeah I met her a couple of times since I've been there. I think she is Tim's girlfriend or something – maybe more. I am not sure." Bridgette said while taking a seat next to Isobel.

"What makes you think maybe more?" Isobel said as she turns to Bridgette. "Because she signs off on payroll; she is always on Tim about how to run the place. If one of us messes up while she is there, she tends to throw a fit. But when Tim is getting fresh with us, Stacy encourages it she thinks it will just help us perform better in our job if we are on a good level with him." Bridgette said as she looked disturbed. "So I am guessing that Ashley and everyone else know Stacy as well?" Isobel asked as she clicked her pen. "If Stacy is in there as often as she is during my shift with her two kids then I am almost certain she is in there every day with the others," Bridgette added.

"Do you ever see Tim or Stacy treating their kids any certain way?" Isobel asked with concern. "The oldest is normally sitting in the cafe doing homework; occasionally Tim would check on her and bring her into the back for a drink or something. I hardly see the little one when I am there she is always in the back It would seem she doesn't have as much of a voice as the eldest." Bridgette explained while taking a drink of water.

"Bridgette, I am going to just be upfront and personal but did Tim ever put his hands on you besides the other day?" Isobel asked while looking at her with concern. "No, I am fairly new so I think it's got something to do with that...not knowing me," Bridgette said. "But, I would talk to the others, because they have been there longer than me," Bridgette added while standing up. "I have an appointment to get to," She said while adding a half-smile. "Is there anything else I can help you with?" Bridgette followed up with. "That was it for now, but may contact you for further information if that is OK?" Scott added while opening the door. "No problem," Bridgette said while walking Isobel to the door and then closing the door behind them.