- 9 -

*NO PROOFREAD*

TAE'S POV

I was feasting my eyes with the mesmerizing beauty of this kiddo who is now sleeping soundly beside me. 

A certain ecstasy was surging through out my body as it filled my heart with popping bubbles of thrill, giddiness, and what not!

I think this is what it feels like 'being over the moon', I guess. And believe me I want  to have this feeling clung on to me, my soul. Never...ever letting me behind.

I don't know for how long I was staring at this kiddo. The smile which hardly used to stay for a fraction of seconds on my lips was now not ready to leave. It felt as if a woman is claiming her long-lost lover and clinging onto him like a koala.

I know I'm not making any sense though but this feeling it's just..it feels too surreal, too good to be true that to all because of this chubby kiddo.

I chuckled at my own silliness and closed my eyes and started summon those sweetest dreams which used to be always far away from my grasp.

With a smile carved on my heart...After a long time... it feels like... I'm back!... back to home.. my home!

****

I woke up in the middle of the night at the sound of someone whimpering and thrashing beside me.

I scrunched up my face in annoyance at the sudden intrusion in my peaceful slumber.

I sat down and rubbed my face to make myself a bit awake as the whimpering sound seems to be growing in intensity and pitch.

I then turned around and glanced at the rustling sound beside me.

"Shit!!! How can you be so dumb, Tae??
How can you forget about, Tee!!!"

Argh!!...

I cursed myself with my favourite collection of profanities and crawled towards Tee at the speed of lightning.

I carefully grabbed his shoulder and shaked it lightly in order to wake him up"Tee!! Wake up..."

"L...le..leave me." He whimpered in his sleep as a few tears rolled down his chubby cheeks.

"Mo...mommy!!... da..daddy!!!"

I again tried to wake him up from his awful nightmare. Hearing his words it feels like he's reminiscing today's event which occurred with him before I found him.

A feeling of pity hit me hard when I looked at the whimpering mess in front of me still sobbing in his sleep.

"P...P' Pha... T...Tee...wants..wants to go home." He sobbed harder.

"He...help...me."

"Mommy!!!"

"D...do..don't co..come n..na..near me... Aaahh~ P'Pha..."

Taking in consideration the graveness of the situation. I hauled him in my arms and hugged him tight.

I brushed his hair on the back of his head forming smooth circles. "Shush!! No one's gonna hurt you baby boy. I'm here. Your P'tae is here!" I whispered the only comforting words into his ears which I was able to think of at the minute.

I rocked him back and forth in my embrace as he was sitting in fowler's position on my lap, dangling his legs onto one side.

I dropped a peck from time to time as I rubbed his back.

He somehow calmed down and was again back to sleep. The strange thing is he didn't even open his eyes for once but he was clutching onto me as if his life depended on my presence.

I somehow felt... proud?? Yup...I was proud and happy to know that he was able to get the comfort from me, a stranger which only his family members could have conveyed him.

I wanted to keep hugging him for the whole night but my tiredness was now taking a toll over me.
Tee was now straddling me, rounding his arms around my neck. His head was resting in the crook of neck which made me feel ticklish from his warm breathe.

I tried to make him lie down back on the mat but he keeps on tightening his hold on me as I try to detach his hold on me.

Having no other option, I secured tee in my arms and slowly laid down on the mat with him above me.

I was enjoying this feel undoubtedly.

His head was now laying on my chest which was secured by my right hand and  my left snaked around his small waist.

I kept rubbing his back to shoo away the restlessness he was still experiencing  in his sleep.

Lastly, I  pecked his crown of the head, "Goodnight, baby boy. Sleep well. Your P'tae is with you." And with that, both of us drifted off to our respective dreamlands.

**********

NOTE : Did I mention it's going to be a short story???😅... but I think it's getting too long.. so before you guys get bored.. let's just finish it pretty quick.