Epilouge

September, 5th 2028

Rufus Emeterio

12:30 p.m.

11 years ago today I met the love of my life with only less than 24 hour left of it (ironic I know) and today he's the love of my afterlife on our wedding day. Who would have guessed the dead could get married. So much for "Till death do we part."

I tug at my sleeve while standing next to the officiant because, shit, I'm nervous as fuck. I look at the crowd of people sitting down. I would normally be sad by the fact that both our sides are lacking in people, but that's good. It means that The Pluto's are still living it up and it means that Lydia is alive with her now teenage daughter.

My mom and dad are sitting down on the left side. Mom looks teary eyed. Olivia's upfront with me because i let her talk me into letting her be maid of honor because otherwise she'd never get to be one. Next to my parents are three photos, each one taking up a seat. I'll let you guess who the photos are of. If you guess they are of the Pluto's then congrats. In the second row on my side are just some close friends I've made.

Mateo's side is a little different. His dad is sitting down. Yeah you heard me right, his dad. He never actually... woke up... from that coma. Mateo died in September and his dad followed shortly after in November. It was probably for the best, after all, what if he did wake up? He lost everything in a fire, even his son, and didn't even know.

Mateo's mom is with Mateo "getting ready" because she said that she'd be the one to walk Mateo down the aisle because, in he own words, "I traded my life for his so you better believe I'm going to be the one to hand him over." Next to his dad there's a photo taking up a seat of, you guessed it, Lidia and Penny.

Next to all the seating is a table with a bunch of photos of him and I over the past 11 years. There's the first photo we ever took together in the very center. Around it are other photos like one Mateo took of me painting the walls of our apartments. One I took of Mateo where he fall asleep on top of blueprints he was working on. One of the Clients Graveyard sign because that's where Mateo, finally, kissed me. Also the place where Mateo fucking punched peck in the face, speaking of that asshole, the dumbass picked a fight with someone on his end day five years ago and I'm sure you can figure out what happened next, to be fair I also picked a fight with someone on my end day but I also didn't know it was my end day. There's one of my favorite one though. The day I proposed to Mateo at Althea park. I convinced one of our mutual friends--her name is Jane and she's really chill, we have movie nights once a month at me and Mateo's place and i make food because Mateo's afraid of cooking, for understandable reasons--to follow behind us stealthily so Mateo wouldn't see her(which worked somehow)so when I proposed to him she could get a bunch of photos.