Chapter 2

Beep~
Beep~
Beep~
Beep~

The sound of a heart monitor filled the quiet air, waking the boy laying in the hospital bed. His viridian green eyes fluttered open, the blinding light causing him to flinch under its harsh glare. He tilted his head over to the heart monitor, ignoring the pricks of pain hitting him. A wave of confusion washed over him as he looked around, unsure of why he was there. He lifted his arms up, or he tried to at least. He held his right arm up, but. His eyes widened as flashes of pictures and scenes started piling in his head. Panic flooded his body, sending the heart monitor into a frenzy. He didn't hear the door opening but felt the shock of a needle in his left shoulder. He started to calm down, his heart slowing back down to a normal pace. He looked up at the two doctors that had entered.

They huffed out sighs of relief, one of them checking boxes on a clip board. Izuku stared up at the two, a questioning look in his eyes. The doctors noticed his stare and started whispering to each other. The greenette sighed in frustration, turning his head to face the ceiling again. Light streamed in through the open blinds, the sound of birds chirping drowned out the beeping heart monitor. He started to drift off, falling into a tranced like state as he stared out the window. He felt a light touch on his forehead, bringing him back to reality. He snapped his eyes towards the doctor as his hand retracted back.

"How are you feeling? Thumbs up for good and thumbs down for bad," the doctor said, standing up straight and nodding to the other doctor who held the clipboard. Izuku thought about it before lifting his right arm, giving them a thumbs up. "That's good. Alright. Now, we don't want to alarm you, but," he lifted the sheet cover off the boy. A flash of fear, anger and panic flashed across Izuku's eyes and face. His whole left arm was missing. If he weren't a mute, he'd scream his heart and lungs out. He started to hyperventilate, eyes wide as his pupils shrunk down. "Calm down! Take deep breaths!"

Izuku listened to the doctor, calming his racing heart. He closed his eyes, taking in deep breaths as he let what he saw sink in. He grit his teeth, clenching his right hand as he recoiled that it was his father who did this to him. He had come home in a drunken haze and pinned the boy to the ground, wielding a razor-sharp knife in hand. He swung it down and cut the boy's arm right off before beating him senseless. Hisashi tossed the boy outside, and he was only saved by his neighbours that decided that at that time of night it was a good time to go out for a walk. If it weren't for them, he'd of bled out in a matter of minutes, leaving nothing but a broken body behind. The greenette slowly sat up, wincing in pain as he felt a thousand needles jab into his skin.

Fire flared within his bones and muscles as the beatings from Hisashi started to settle in. He silently screamed in pain as he heaved himself up, looking down to where his left arm should've been. It was unnatural to look at. The stub of his shoulder covered in bandages soaked red burning into his mind as he stared at it. He tilted his head up to the doctors, only to realise that he was alone. He closed his eyes as he let out a long, deep sigh. He turned his gaze to the open window, feeling the breeze upon his face as he watched the birds fly away. His burning muscles screamed at him, wanting him to lay down and stop moving. Izuku didn't listen. He turned his body to the door, slipping out of bed onto his aching legs. He pat the hospital gown he was in down before heading for the door, ignoring the pain.

He opened the door slowly and carefully, making sure no sound was heard from prying ears. He peered around the halls, seeing no doctors in sight. He turned back into the room and found his clothes and shoes laying neatly folded on a table. He changed into them, struggling to pull them on with one arm, before heading back for the door. He looked around once more before trudging out, wincing with each step as pain flared within him. He silently walked down the hallways, flinching at every sound around him. Finding the staircase, Izuku opened the door and headed down, closing the door behind him. He pulled the hood of his jacket over his head as he walked down, the soft thudding of his feet echoing around the empty space. He reached the bottom floor, cracking open the door enough to peer out.