Chapter 4

Rushing down the street, wind blasting in his face, Izuku skidded around another corner. His gaze was fixed on the street, hearing commotion all around him as the echo of villain fights flooded his ears. He got cut off due to an explosion setting off in front of him, just metres away from his face. A pro hero leaped down from a building and bashed his fist into a villain's face. Izuku skidded around them and continued running, short huffs of breaths leaving his mouth as he gasped for breath, looking around frantically. 'Why are there so many fights going on right now? Dammit! Why did father think today was a good day to run his errands? Even then, I never wanted to see these men ever again.' A silent yelp left his mouth as he was blasted back into a building's wall.

He pushed himself out before diving to the side as a barrel was thrown his way. The villain stopping his path punched the pavement in front of the greenette, sending a wave of dust into the air. Izuku took out a pair of fans Mr. Lushwell bought as a special gift for him, getting into a defensive stance. He closed his eyes, his ears pricked as he strained them to listen to any sound. He picked up the sound of footsteps behind him. He spun around and stepped the to left, jabbing a fan into the villains' neck. The villain sputtered before whipping around, the smokescreen dust blowing away by the force of his fist through the air. Izuku opened his eyes and ducked down low, dodging a fist to the face. He swept his right leg over the ground and into the villains', causing him to stumble and trip.

A pro hero made their way over and apprehended the villain swiftly. By then, Izuku has run off to complete his errand. He sprinted down the streets once again, skidding to a final halt outside a worn-out building, much like his house. He knocked on the door, gulping down a lump in his throat before opening the rusty wooden door. It creaked open, painfully loud, as he stepped inside. He closed the creaking door behind him and walked along the old red mat down the corridor. He continued along it till he heard a gruff scratchy voice beside him.

"The fuck are you doing here?" Izuku turned his head to meet glowing violet eyes. "Ya need somethin'? Or are you here to pick a fight with me? 'Cause if it's the latter, you better be prepared for some broken bones." The man cracked his knuckles, the sound alone causing shivers along Izuku's being as the hairs on the back of his neck stood up.

He grabbed a box and envelope from his shoulder bag and presented them to the guy. The man snatched them out of Izuku's trembling hands and examined them in the little light that seemed through bordered up windows. A large smirk spread across the man's face as he placed a large hand upon the greenette's head. A throaty laugh bellowed from his mouth.

"That man. He really knows how to make me laugh. Now for you, I'd run away fast. If not, you may just find yourself in pieces," the man laughed as Izuku rushed out of the building. "Tell your old man thanks for me, will ya?"

Izuku turned and nodded slightly before booking it out of the building. He skidded out and rushed to the mall where he halted to catch his breath. He heaved himself up and looked around, panting slightly as he noted how far away from home he was. With a short sigh, he entered the mall. He looked around at all the stores and cafés that lingered around before deciding on 'the vanilla café'. He entered and took a seat in the back, next to a window. A waitress came over and set a menu on the table, welcoming him to the café before heading off to help another customer. Izuku skimmed over the desserts and drinks, picking out a strawberry cheesecake and a strawberry milkshake. He took out his phone and typed the order out, ready for the waitress to come back.

She walked around and halted by the table, a smile plastered upon her face. "Hello sir! Have you decided on an order?" Izuku showed her his phone, watching her eyes skim over the message. She wrote down the food items and smiled brightly. "Certainly! It'll be out in a few." She took the menu away and walked off, leaving Izuku to wait in silence.