Chapter 5

Questions were answered, everyone in the common rooms getting the answers they wanted. Izuku sat still with a bright smile spread across his face, answering all the questions he could while avoiding the personal questions. All was going well until he received a notification from his watch. He glanced down to his arm and read the text, a flash of alarm pulsing through him. He kept a composed look on the outside but started panicking on the inside. 'I expect you to be home in 10 minutes or you'll be put in the basement for a week.' He quickly signed to Mashirao that he had to leave before standing up and heading to the door. He glanced back and waved as he stepped out the door, heading to the giant gate before sprinting down to street.

He rushed down towards his house's district, skidding to a halt outside the old, worn-out house. He stepped up to the front door and entered. He glanced down at his watch and froze.

Shit, shit, shit! Oh fuck. Why?! Dammit, why, why, why?! This is fucking bad. You can't run, can you? Oh shit. I can already hear him thundering down the stairs.

Just as Glitch finished speaking, the creaking from the stairs echoed throughout the house. Shivers crawled down Izuku's spine as he tensed up, fear clouding his eyes as he stared down the darkened hallway. The creaking of stairs halted before a loud 'crack' echoed out. Izuku watched as his 'father' stepped out into his vision, a large sadistic smirk stretched wide across his face. He slowly walked forwards, seething with anger as his aura turned deathly. He stopped in front of his son, glaring daggers at the boy as he lunged for his throat. He picked Izuku up, right hand squeezing his throat as the air around them turned cold as ice.

"Now, what did I say about turning up late, Izuku..." The sickly-sweet words rolled off his tongue as his eyes narrowed, sending Izuku into a panicked frenzy. He gripped his 'father's' hand clasped around his throat as he struggled to gasp for fleeting breath. Hisashi suddenly threw him to the wall, watching him sputter as he clawed at his throat, coughing and gasping for breath. Hisashi grabbed his robotic arm and dragged him along the floor, splinters scraping his scarred skin. "And because you didn't listen, you'll be living in the basement for a few days, maybe a week or two if I forget." He chuckled darkly, scaring Izuku though he stilled his trembling. Hisashi dragged him down a hidden set of stairs behind the TV, hearing his scarred body 'thump' with each step.

They halted outside a large metallic door. Hisashi yanked it open and tossed Izuku in, not caring to note the 'crack' that followed. He slammed the door shut, leaving the greenette in darkness where he fell unconscious, drifting to the realm of sleep as Glitch's voice faded into nothingness.

=~=~=~=~=~=

Viridian eyes fluttered open, the soft lullaby of a birds song filling the air. Izuku pushed himself up, his hands pushing into lushes green grass as a soft breeze blew through his hair. He sat upright and gazed around, a small smile settling upon his face. A voice filled his ears, causing him to turn around, viridian gaze settling on a figure he'd never seen before, though his voice was familiar.

"Hey 'Zuku! You kinda fell unconscious on me back there. Oh, I should introduce myself, seeing as you've never actually seen me before. I'm Glitch, you're personal annoying voice that doesn't pay rent to stay," He had pale skin, navy blue hair that hung above his golden eyes, baggy purple shirt, dark grey sweatpants and black shoes. He held a hand out to Izuku who gladly took it, pulling the greenette to his feet. "Welcome back to your dream world where all your wishes come true. That's what you expect me to say right? Well, that's not exactly how it works here. It isn't completely bullshit, but not all your wishes do come true here, ya feel me?"

Izuku nodded slightly, glancing from Glitch to the familiar dream world. 'It's so much more beautiful here. I wish reality were like this. But I guess I can only dream of the things I want. It's not like any of it'll come true anytime soon. But I can still believe, I guess,' He signed out, a soft sigh leaving his lips as he stared out over the land decorated in colour. He turned back to Glitch as he hummed, brushing away strands of blue hair. 'I guess I just want to leave to a paradise, some place like this. But, I know this place only exists in my dreams. People say that dreams can come true. This dream though? It only exists in here.'