Chapter 6

Viridian eyes fluttered open, the constant beeping of the heart monitor next to him filling the otherwise still room. A tired groan left the boy's throat as he turned his head, ignoring the pain that flared through his neck and bones. The bright light that shone through the blinds caused him to squint, before turning his head to the left instead. He heard the sliding door open as a doctor stepped in, walking towards the bed where Izuku lay. Noticing the greenette awake, he brought out a clipboard and brought over a chair, sitting down as Izuku stared up at him.

"Alright. I'm just going to ask you a couple questions. Just respond with a thumbs up or thumbs down for yes and no or good or not," Izuku lifted his right arm onto his stomach with a thumbs up, wincing slightly at the searing pain that flared within his arm. "How are you currently feeling? Thumbs up for good, thumbs down for bad," Izuku pondered a bit, the aching that drummed against his chest seemingly getting worse with each 'thump'. He turned his hand down, flinching slightly. "Alright. Do you remember what happened?" Thumbs down. "Hmm... We've healed you up as much as we could while you were unconscious. Are there any specific places where you feel pain? Like your chest or your head?" Izuku, lifting his arm burning with pain, and pointed to his chest. "Alright. We can call in Recovery Girl to check you over. Just rest up as much as you can."

The doctor stood up and left, leaving the greenette alone in the room filled with the constant beeping of the heart monitor. He lay in silence, straining to keep his eyes open, but sleep finally claimed him. He relaxed into the sheets and pillow, heaving out a soft sigh as his eyes closed, allowing him to fall into the world of dreams that awaited him.

=~=~=~=~=~=

"It's no use. He's just screaming for release and threatening to kill us. The man is down right insane. Probably messed up his kid real bad," Shouta commented with a sigh, slumping down into a chair beside Tsukauchi. He dragged a hand down his face as he groaned, slouching over as he glared at the wall like it was his mortal enemy. "I'll be leaving now. Gotta check up on the kid. If you can get anything out of the guy, contact me." He stood and headed to the door, saying a quick "bye" with a wave, he left the police station. He headed for the hospital, taking out his phone and dialling Nedzu.

"Hello?"

"I'm just going straight to the point. Your personal student is in the hospital right now with his father in police custody. He isn't talking, but he's being convicted with child abuse, neglect, child endangerment and other similar charges. I'll send you the hospital address, as I'm sure you'd want to see him." Shouta paused outside the hospital, looking up at the tall building before heading in.

"Thank you, Shouta. I'll be over there in a few minutes. I'll be taking him friend over as well. I'm sure he'd like to know what's been happening."

Nodding, Shouta said his farewell and pocketed the phone, turning his attention to the reception desk in front of him. "Hello. Would I be able to see Midoriya Izuku?" He asked, his tiredness leaking into his voice.

"Certainly. He in room 203 on the second floor." The reception lady said, bowing slightly as Shouta thanked her and walked off.

He took the elevator, going off the ground floor and up past the first, stopping on the second. The silver metal doors slid open, allowing the tired blackette to walked through. He quickly found the door and knocking lightly, before slowly sliding the door open. Izuku lay peacefully on his bed, covered in bandages that protected his wounds, new and old. Shouta closed the door behind him and grabbed a chair, pulling up next to the greenette's bed. The sound must have awoken the boy as his eyes fluttered open, his head turning to the man sitting beside him. His expression clouded with confusion, eyebrows furrowing as he stared up at the man.