Ch. 6

Fourth Year

"You didn't enter?"

"Draco, I spend every waking hour of the day with you," Harry snapped, growing irritated. "When would I have had the chance to enter my name?!"

"Well sorry for asking," Draco raised his hands in innocence. "It's just I don't understand how else your name was drawn!"

Harry threw his arms in the air. "You say that like I have some clue!"

"Merlin's saggy balls!" Pansy cursed (effectively silencing them both) and stood up from the sofa in the common room. "You two are atrocious. Harry didn't enter his name, so now we move on, Draco," she gave him a pointed look then turned to Harry (who rather wished she hadn't. That look really was something fierce.), "and figure out who did."

Draco spun around and started pacing. Harry hated when Draco started pacing. He hated watching him go back and forth, back and forth. How did it not make Draco dizzy? Just watching him do it made Harry's head spin. "I can't believe they're actually making you do this. It's obscene. You aren't old enough!"

"Tell that to them," Harry scoffed, slumping back into a leather chair.

"I did! Many times actually!" Draco exclaimed loudly, waving his arms around in the air wildly, startling a group of first years who promptly scurried off to their dorm. "My father will hear about this," he started muttering under his breath to himself as he stalked toward their dormitory. "I'll go write them a letter now. The ministry has to listen to reason..."

Harry shook his head at the retreating figure of his best mate. "He's gone batty."

"Oh, stop it Harry." Pansy tossed a throw pillow in his direction. "He's worried and honestly rightfully so. If you truly didn't enter your name-"

"I didn't! I've told you a million times!" Harry said, impatiently, running a hand through his hair. Why did it feel like no one was listening to him? Did they honestly, genuinely think he wanted to compete in this tournament? What he really wanted was one year, just one bloody normal school year. He just wanted to go to boring classes and get in trouble for typical student things like being late or forgetting to do an assignment. Instead he got in trouble for all those things on top of whatever extra special dangerous plan where someone, usually Voldemort, tried to kill him. It wasn't even fair that he got into trouble for that though because it was never his fault!

"-and I hear you, I do, but you're name got in somehow. So what's the most logical explanation?" Pansy asked with an expectant look on her face. Like he had any answers.

Harry floundered. "It's a mistake?"

"OR! Someone else entered your name!" Pansy said triumphantly.

Harry's face twisted in confusion. "Why would someone do that?"

"People have died in the Triwizard Tournament before, as I'm sure you've heard-"

"Actually I hadn't but thanks for letting me know." Harry grit his teeth and slumped further into the sofa.

"So the most likely scenario is someone, once again, wants to see you dead and is trying to kill you," she explained.

"Right, of course. Always my favourite part of the year."

Pansy grimaced and gave him an apologetic look. "I realise now I should have phrased that a little differently perhaps."

"You think?"

"At least I'm being honest!"

The school year had only just started and already someone was trying to kill him. That didn't usually happen until at least the spring semester. He was too tired to talk about this right now. "I'm gonna head to bed. Night Pans."