Ch. 8

Sixth year

"Pansy's mother lives here alone?" Harry marvelled at the Parkinson manor. Night was falling fast but there was still enough light to see how extraordinary the exterior of the manor was. The grounds were expansive and green, littered with statues and shaped shrubbery. The manor itself was castle-like in appearance and Harry felt slightly intimidated by the large knocker on the door they stood before.

Draco's face scrunched up. "Don't be ridiculous, Darling. It's not as if she does the gardening or cleaning herself. She must have house elves."

Harry rolled his eyes at his boyfriend. "Seems unnecessary to use the knocker. Would it be weird if I just knocked?"

"Obviously. The knocker isn't there just for decoration-"

"Are you two going to just stand there bickering?" Harry and Draco turned to see Theo smirking as he strolled toward the manor, a familiar glint in his eyes.

"Well, hullo, Theo. Have a nice summer?" Harry grinned back.

"Been a bit boring. Tonight ought'a be interesting though, eh?" The boy said, an impish grin on his face.

"Yes, the Weird Sisters are known for their over the top performances," Draco agreed, hugging Theo back when the other boy embraced him.

"Well let's go in, shall we?" He said, after stepping away from hugging Harry. Theo picked up the knocker and slammed it down on the thick wood of the door. The sound was joltingly loud and abrasive.

"Is that gel in your hair, Nott?" Draco asked. Harry squinted and sure enough Theo's hair had a sheen to it, swept back in a way he'd never had it before.

"Piss off-"

The door swung open, "You're here!" She shrieked with happiness, cutting off Theo and knocking him back by the force of Pansy throwing her arms around his neck.

Harry thought he saw Theo's cheeks flush pink as he hugged her back but was distracted by Draco's hand sliding into his own. He glanced up at his boyfriend's face, affection flooding through him. The porch light was harsh but Draco still looked good, his sharp features appeared even more striking than usual.

Pansy pulled back from Theo and pulled Harry and Draco into an equally tight embrace. "It's so good to see my boys! I've missed you all so much, the summer felt so long being apart from you all for so many weeks. Blaise and Adam are already inside, c'mon in."

Who is Adam? Harry wondered to himself.

As the three of them followed her into the entryway Harry got a good look at her. Pansy looked older, she'd cut off her long black hair and it barely brushed her shoulders now. She also had bangs. It suited her very nicely.

"I like the new look, Pans," Theo said.

Pansy grinned up at him, eyes twinkling. "Thanks, Theodore."

Harry shared a knowing look with Draco.

"Don't take your shoes off," Pansy told them. "I'll go tell Blaise and Adam you're here and we can get going right away."

There was that name again. Theo voiced Harry's thoughts, "Who's Adam?" He asked, brows furrowed.

"My boyfriend."

Theo's smile faded and he stood gapping as Pansy walked away. "Did she say boyfriend?"

Draco cleared his throat awkwardly.. "That is what I heard."

"Since when'd she get one'a those?"

Draco shrugged. "Must've been at some point this summer."

Harry's eyes caught on Blaise making his way down the stairs. "You lot are late."