Ch. 7

A/N : the one that's 20k words long so strap in for a long one. go to the bathroom, grab a snack, don't start it if it's too late and you have to wake up early. kissing statues, truth or dare, cuff links, two original characters, jealousy, confessions and a gratuitous nectarine scene

Fifth Year

Draco slid the compartment door open and immediately regretted it. Harry looked up from where he had his head in Pansy's lap and grinned. "Hey gorgeous."

Refusing to be put off by the teasing Draco countered, "Hey handsome." When he went to close the compartment door Harry sat up all the way.

"Where are you going?"

Draco rearranged his grip on his heavy trunk handle. "To find another compartment."

"What, why?" Harry ran a hand through his ever messy hair and Draco promptly tore his eyes away. He hated how whenever Harry ran his hands through his hair it made it look like he'd just had a rough shag.

"I don't want to watch you two and your disgusting public displays of affection." Draco rolled his eyes and moved to leave again but Harry hopped up and grabbed Draco's trunk from him.

"Don't be silly. We'll be well behaved, won't we Pans?" He said as he lifted Draco's trunk over his head to put it in the storage area. His shirt slid up an inch showing a peak of smooth skin. Draco bit his lower lip. The train hadn't even left the platform and it was all already too much, this year was going to be torture.

"Uh huh," Pansy giggled.

Draco sighed but sat down across from them, preparing himself to endure the couple's incessant PDA. Thankfully the other boys came along soon after.

"Was this summer as good for everyone else as it was for me?" Theo asked, cockily.

"It was pretty alright," Blaise said, sinking into his seat and opening a thick, leather bound book.

"You hang out with Megan at all?" Harry asked Theo. Megan Jones was the girl Theo had asked to the Yule Ball and fooled around with the year before.

"Nah, I mean, a bit in July but we broke it off."

"Really, what happened, man?"

"Eh, I mean it was mutual so it's not really a big deal." Theo shrugged and took out a plastic bag from his leather side bag that he carted around everywhere. "Just neither of us were really feeling it anymore."

"Theodore, are you seriously rolling a joint right now?" Pansy demanded. Harry's eyes went to what Theo was taking out of the plastic bag and had to suppress his grin. Classic Theo.

"Uh, yeah?"

"You can't do that here!"

"Why not? I've smoked on the train ride to school before."

"That's different than rolling and -" She let out a frustrated sigh. "Just don't okay!"

"Alright, alright, calm down, Pans." Theo put away the plastic bag and took out a carton of cigarettes instead.

Seeing this Pansy huffed and grit her teeth but kept her mouth shut. To soothe her Harry kissed her forehead. Pansy lifted her legs and put them over Harry's. like they'd done since pretty much first year.

Theo chuckled. "So things are obviously good between you two."

Draco looked out the window. This was exactly the reason why he'd wanted to find another compartment, this conversation. Well, the displays of affection as well but he really didn't want to be here while they talked about the progression of their relationship.