Prison.

(Ashton's POV)

The feeling of being alone, even when you're surrounded by people, is a whole different feeling.  It's the kind of hurt that you can't really get over. 
We had our court date and they put us in separate busses to go to the state prison. Eight years is what they gave me. Mikey got 10 since he was a bit older and he told the court he forced me to help him. I know he's just looking after me though.

As we pull up to our new home, I can't help but to overthink. What if I'm put in a cell with a murderer. Or someone that likes smaller boys like me. Don't get me wrong, I like guys, but I don't want to be with a huge dude named sweetpea that likes his feet to be rubbed.
On our way in, we have to go through processing and then we get assigned cells. Some of us have them alone and the rest of us have to be with someone. Me, I have to be with someone. Luke hemmings. One of the more dangerous guys and from what I've heard, he runs this prison.

They finally send me into the strip search room and I start to feel uncomfortable with all the officers standing around. I just close my eyes and pretend they're not there as I slowly take my clothes off and listen for further instructions.

After 5-10 minutes, they tell me to put my uniform on and head out of the room. Once I'm out, I'm handed a basket with extra clothes, toiletries, and sheets with a pillow.

"This way, Irwin" one of the guards say as he takes me to my cell. "Hemmings, looks like you have a roommate. His name is Ashton." The guard says to Luke and he looks up with a giant smile on his face.
"We're gonna have loads of fun" he says with a hint of inappropriateness.
I just keep my head down and walk over to my bed and start to unpack my things.
"Here's the rules ash. No going through my stuff, no sleeping on my bed, I'm top dog so if you need something come to me. No bringing other guys into this room. And absolutely do not press the panic button. Do you understand?" I just simply nod my head and he smiles. "Good. Now, the beds have to be made a certain way so go ahead and do it." He says as I get out the sheets from my basket.

I make the bed and he inspects it then starts to take the sheets off. "Hey! I just made that.." I say and he turns to me. "Do it again. It wasn't done right" he says and I sigh. "I didn't know there was a specific way of right or wrong on how to make a bed. But okay.."

After redoing everything 5 times, I finally got it right. "Good boy" Luke says with a smile as he drinks some tea. I lay down on my bed and sigh as I stare up at the ceiling. I wonder where Mikey is and I can't help but to think he may be hurt. Then, all of a sudden, the alarms start to go off and Luke jolts up. "Shit. Stay in here" he says as he goes to head out. "Why?" I ask
"There's a riot. Trust me curly, stay in here. Shits about to get nasty." He runs out to the main hall where all the commotion is coming from and I watch him. Then I slowly step out of my cell and speed walk towards the noise. A few guys run past me, bumping into me then I feel a very sharp pain in my lower right side in my back and I fall to the ground and hold my side. I feel something wet and I take my hand away, as soon as I do, I see blood and I start to panic. I just got shivved. I hear more yelling then some gunshots and eventually, everything gets calmed down. I crawl over to the nearest wall and rest against it with tears in my eyes

"Fuck ash, I told you to stay in the cell. Come on, let me help you" Luke says as he runs up to me and helps me up. He notices that I'm bleeding and looks a little concerned. "Who did this to you?" He asks and I whine in pain as he helps me up.
"I..I don't know. Some guys pushed past me and that's when it happened" I say as we make it back to our cell.

"Sit on the bed and apply pressure. We gotta clean it and possibly sew it up" he says and I shake my head "I need to go to medic" I say and he shakes his head. "No, you'll get someone in trouble and you'll get lynched" he says as he wets a cloth and helps me to pull off my shirt. "Shit it's deep. Alright hold still ash" he says and I yell in pain as he starts to clean it.

"Ow fuck!!" I whine some more and he rubs my arm with his free hand. Once it's clean, he takes out a needle he was hiding and gets some string.

"This is gonna hurt. Just bite the pillow and try to stay quiet." He says as I grab the pillow and grip on to it. He starts to sew up the gash as tears stream down my face and I scream into the pillow.
After he does a few more stitches, he throws away the needle and cleans up around the wound.

"Take it easy for the best few weeks. If it starts to get worse you have to let me know. And next time, if you disobey my orders, you'll be punished." I just simply nod my head and wipe my eyes.
"I can't hear you" he says. "Yes sir" I say and he smirks. "Good boy"