Chapter 1: Me and Arima Kishou

~Kaneki's POV~

"Wake up, Kaneki Ken." A deep male's voice was heard.

"Hn...." The sudden light caght up into my eyes.... It's quite hard to adjust the light... "Why.... Am I here....?" I mumbled softly to myself...... Ah... I remeber that....

~Flashback (Normal POV)~

After Arima stabbed Kaneki on both of his eyes. "What should I do with him then?" Arima Kishou grab a hold on Kaneki's collar. "Well... He's not dead yet.... It's such a shame to let this amazing and strong ghoul die..... Maybe he can make more benefit to me then...." Arima took Kaneki and went back silently and fastly like a wind.

~Flashback ended (Back to Kaneki's POV)~

"Do you remember now?" Arima asked with a monotone voice.

"You.... took me here then..?" I tried to force the sound out of my mouth. My lips were so dry. I still can't move my body freely. Arima stabbed me on my eyes, but why I can see so clearly??

"You must be wondering about why you can see so clearly after I stabbed your eyes right? My answer is you are not a human nor a ghoul anymore." Arima pushed up his glasses and glared at me. What did he mean by not a human or a ghoul??

"Not a human nor a ghoul. Yes, you're not either of them. But do you know what you are? I'll answer for you then, you are my quinque." Arima pointed at the briefcase beside me. But..... Isn't quinque made up of a ghoul kagune? If it's like that, then why can I think on my own....? I raise my hand to look at them and move my fingers slowly. I can still control myself. I can still feel everything like normal.... My senses are like a normal people. What does he mean by a quinque??

"I know that you are having a lot of questions in your head right now, am I right? Then, I'll answer you one by one. First, yes, you are a quinque. Second, you are not a normal quinque. You have all the senses like before. You must be thinking that a quinque is a ghoul's kagune, right? I didn't take your kagune to make you a quinque."

Arima shifted a little bit in his chair and glanced at me. Honestly, I don't understand what he mean by that he didn't take MY kagune to make ME his quinque.... Then, Arima faked a cough to gain my attention and looked directly into my eyes, like he was reading my mind through my eyes....

"I didn't take your kagune to make you a quinque. But I took something else. Yes, I took your heart. Not your kagune." Arima's expression is still calm.

"W....why did you take my heart...? Not my kagune...?? It'd be better for you if you took only my kagune, right? What if I rebel against you...? Why did you make me alive again?!" I bursted all of my emotions through the words.... I really can't understand him.... Not at all....

"It'd be a shame if I kill you. You are one of the strong ghouls that I have met. It'd be better if you have your brains. Plus, it'd be easier for me to defeat that one eyed owl. And you, I know that you don't want to die yet. You still have something in mind when I stabbed you, am I right?" Arima explained with a monotone voice. His eyes are as cold as ice. And he was right.... I don't want to die. Everyone is still waiting for me. And I still want to meet my precious ones again...

"So you want me to help you defeat that one eyed owl?" I asked him and finally looking back in his eyes. Arima sighed softly and continued.

"To be honest, no. One, you destroyed one of my quinque. Two, I said it's a shame to kill you if I can make a benefit from you. Three, I need a new good quinque. Four, I'm interested in your ability, so I kept you. Do not think that I made you alive because I want you to live again. I made you alive because you can make more benefit to me. That's all. From now on, you need to be my quinque and my partner. Do you understand?" Arima pushed up his glasses and looked straight at the briefcase.

"Okay, I understand." Then, I'll take an advantage from him then. If I'm with him, I'm a part of CCG. I don't need to care about the ghoul investigator to catch me. So, I can meet everyone again......