Chapter 8: Information

"I'm back...." Irie mumbled as she stepped into an apartment. Her body is still covered with blood. Her wound is still tingling and burning, but she suppress it. As she walk, her body wobbled in pain, but she tried to stood up and stand strong.

"Irie. What's this??" Arima crossed his arms.

"Nothing. Just finding informations and clean some trash." Irie replied sarcastically.

"It can't be nothing. Look, your body was all covered with blood and you got a wound. It's rare for such an investigator your level got a wound just by finding informations. Tell me the truth." Arima chided her.

"Fine, fine. I killed some ghouls. Okay??" Irie replied.

"Umm.... Irie-san, may I ask you one question??" Kaneki spoke up.

"What is it??" She glanced at the quinque.

"You know our next mission, right? The 'Emperor'...." Kaneki looked at her.

"Of course. I just went out to find the information, but it was no use." Irie sighed and closed her eyes.

"Irie, it's not possible for you to fight with a S IV (A/N: S IV is a SSSS rank ghoul. I just made an abbreviation for it) ghoul. I know that you're quite strong, but I don't think it's possible for you to beat it. Even me, I'm not quite sure that I can kill it or not." Arima spoke.

"Well.... We won't know if we won't try, right??" Irie smirked lightly. Arima sighed.

"Whatever."

"Irie-san, you got a wound here." Kaneki notices her wound.

"Ah.... It's nothing much. Just a scratch.." Irie replied bluntly as always. 'Such a stubborn woman...' Arima thought.

"Just a scratch right??" Arima asked.

"Yes." She replied confidently.

"Then, how's this??" Arima squeezed on her damp wound. Irie suppress her scream. It hurts like hell. She gritted her teeth and closed her eyes tightly.

"It's not a scratch. Kaneki, treat her wound. Now it looks like we need to delay our mission to tomorrow. I'll take a rest. After finishing, you guys MUST take a rest." With that, Arima walked away, leaving Irie and Kaneki behind.

"Such a sadist grumpy old man...." Irie mumbled.

"Hahaha. You're quite right, Irie-san." Kaneki chuckled.

"Irie-san... Which ghoul did you met today? I mean, the cause of this wound...." Kaneki asked while adding a cleaning alcohol on Irie's cut. She tensed up a little bit.

"According to my data, it's an A rank ghoul. Not that good. But it has a sharp move. I think I underestimate them a little." Irie sighed again.

"Did you get any good information??" Kaneki asked.

"Umm..... Not that much.... I think we need to find it by ourselves." Irie closed her eyes in tiredness.

"But I have one in mind." Irie continued.

"Really?! That's who?!?!" Kaneki seemed to be very surprised by Irie's statement.

"That's a secret." After Kaneki finished treating Irie's wound, she got up and walked away.

"Irie-san sure is a mysterious woman...." Kaneki mumbled and walked to his respected room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the dark night, Irie sat quietly in front of her computer, doing some research.

"The Emperor.... I wonder that it's 'that' guy or not...." Irie mumbled and ran her finger, combing her long black hair. She sighed and leaned on the chair she was sitting on.