CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

Not much happened later, Draco kept on getting caught making googly eyes at Icicle, yet when she voiced her questions to Hermione, she laughed and said 'nonsense'.

Later, Icicle began to worry for Draco, she didn't know why but she just did, he went to the boys bathroom and she knew that it was abandoned. She was a cat, worried that she would be spotted otherwise, Harry followed, the two shrieked at each other before suddenly casting spells, Icicle mewed in fear and hid behind one of the stalls. Harry suddenly cried out a strange spell and Draco let out a cry of dismay and tumbled backward, Icicle saw blood from the water coated floor. She curled up on the top of the stall and cried in fear. Harry rushed to Draco, who was whimpering on the floor.

Only moments later, Father came hurtling in, and Harry quickly sprinted away, Father, Father knew what to do, he was smart. He had to ideas. Icicle leapt down, growling at the water under her paws. Father saw her and frowned slightly but continued with his task of healing him. She turned back into a human and knelt beside Father, she put a hand on his shoulder and allowed a little bit of her magic flow into them.

Why was she so worried?

She heard shouting, and lots of crashing, when she followed them, she saw Father with his wand raised, and that girl with the crazy hair cooing Draco. She sprinted to Father and hugged him from behind, not caring who saw her.
"Icicle!" he hissed, "Run! Go hide while you can!" he whispered, she looked at him tearfully.
"Run along little one!" Bellatrix yelped, Icicle was scared but did so.

Harry lay on the ground but struggled up again,
"SECTUMSETRUM!" he yelled, Father deflected it and walked up to him.
They spoke for a moment but Icicle stayed away until Father walked away again. She sprinted to him and he saw her coming, he wrapped her into a hug and she cried.
"What's going on father??" she wept.

"I had to do it." he said.
"Do what?? Father please don't leave." she said. He let go of her at last.
"Run, go back to Hogwarts, I will come back in a few days I promise." he said. She looked to him and wiped away her tears.
"I c-could turn into a dragon a-and kill those people." she offered shakily. He shook his head.
"Just run." he said. She looked to the castle, which had a massive cloud in the shape of a skull hovering over it.
"Go." he repeated.

"Snaaaape!" Bella called in a singsong. Father glared in the direction of her voice but looked back at Icicle.
"Please go." he repeated again. Icicle hugged him one more time.
"Please be safe." she said. He nodded and she turned, then ran as fast as she could back to Hogwarts, halfway there her legs got tired, she turned into a dragon, and then back into a human, her cat ears gone. But she spread her wings and flew to the castle, almost crash landing because of her tears. McGonigal was there suddenly.
"Icicle, tell me what happened." she said.
"He's back..." Icicle whispered. "And Father is gone."

She let herself cry for a moment.

Not knowing what to do, she wrapped her wings around herself and sobbed.