Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Adelisa was a vision of loveliness in her eyes. Lisa bustled left and right to capture the images of the bride’s maids and Adelisa walking down to the altar, with Liam’s eyes bright with joy. This was definitely something she was glad to capture, the moment when two souls unified for all eternity.

She still couldn’t believe Daniel had spoken so sweetly before. He’d been a charming lull, listening to him promise Adel her future, wondering where the angry, demanding man had gone to, where the man capable of dreaming his life as a person had come from. He’d been replaced by a romantic, as far as she knew.

He was suddenly a romantic that had ignited her broken heart again. It was sad. It was truly sad that she was still pining over him, feeling romantic feelings that were deluding her from her path. She had only one thing to do to fix her past before she moved forward.

That thing would happen after her dance with him, in an almost scary alley just a few blocks from where the party will take place.

The ceremony had been beautiful, and both had spoken the traditional vows with the ‘till death do us part’ involved. After had come the church service, where the padre had spoken of marriage, how the success of marriage depends on the united strength of a couple to stay together.

Most of what he’d spoken of had staked into Lisa’s own heart.

Now, here she stood, taking photographs of the couple outside the church. Adel had taken Jenny and had an arm wrapped around her neck, both grinning cheekily. Lisa chuckled, capturing the moment.

“Lisa, come on, join us,” Jenny laughed, a splash of royal blue against Adel’s white.

Lisa shook her head, smiling cheekily. “Yeah, come on,” Adel added. About eleven more women joined the fray, beckoning her to come.

“Go, chéri,” Jean-Pierre appeared beside her. She glanced up at him and smiled. “I’ll take the photo.”

They paused, everyone diving into the fray of the photo. And then; when they all thought it was the perfect setting, everyone striking their best pose, Lisa did a Jenny move. She ducked her best friend’s head, causing Jenny to pull one bride’s maid down with her, and then down went another, until the bride was sitting in a pile of laughing, happy people.

It was a photo that was distributed to everyone in later days.

What Lisa didn’t realise was that in falling, the flap of her purse peeled open and a small parchment fell out of it, sliding before a pair of nude pumps.

 ***

The evening party was in full swing. Toasts had been made; the couple had danced a magical first dance. A beautiful tune flittered in the air, and Lisa was getting dressed up as it was nearing midnight, when her dance would commence.

“I still don’t see the reason for this,” she whined, pouting in hopes to adhere to her friend’s good nature.

Jean-Pierre chuckled. “I do,” he said. “Now; arms up.” Her hands went up boldly, and again, she felt the clinging effect as the material slid down her body.

“Okay, then answer me this,” she said. “Why am I wearing the, um, lingerie?” she asked. “As far as I know, no one’s going to be peeping inside pretty soon.”

Jean-Pierre’s smile was obvious as he spoke. “How certain are you?” he teased.

Lisa huffed. “Hey, Jean-Pierre?” her voice was lighter. He mumbled something as he pulled on the strings of her bodice. “Did you…” God, how do you asked this. “Did you and Alex have, um, you know?” her cheeks felt flushed, and she feared she’d stepped out of line when everything around her stilled.