Better » Tiana

Words: 1005 words
Author: Mae!
Ship: Tiana! (Tam x Biana)
Prompt: #31 – "You deserve so much better."

The party was far too loud—or at least that's what Tam thought. Many boys showed up to Biana's Winnowing Gala, but that wasn't a surprise, honestly. Why wouldn't they? Biana's perfect.

"Hey." Tam looked upwards to see Biana, who looked absolutely stunning her gown. She had chosen a dark purple dress, which made her eyes seem like shimmery diamonds. She curled her hair, which sat almost perfectly on her shoulders. Tam didn't think he could be any more in love.

"H-Hey," he stuttered, tugging on his bangs to cover his face. Since when did he stutter? This girl did crazy things to him. She smiled warmly at him as she continued to speak. "Do... you want to dance?"

Tam blinked, a little light-headed.

"I mean, I have to dance with everyone here..." she added.

His hopes deflated immediately. "Yeah, I get it. Of course."

He got up, forcing a smile upon his face before taking her hand. The walked to the floor together. "I, uh. Don't know how to dance," he told her as the faces one another.

Biana chuckled, "It's easy, I'll teach you." She grabbed his hands, putting them in her waist. "You keep your hands here." She then put her hands on his shoulders. "And I put mine here, and then we just sway to the music."

Tam smiled softly, doing what Biana advised him. Both of them swayed along to the music. Neither could stop smiling as they glided across the dance floor.

"For someone who doesn't know how to dance, you do pretty well," Biana commented as they spun.

Tam shrugged. "Guess it comes naturally."

The music came to a stop and Biana sighed. "Well, this was. Fun. But I have to get to my other matches."

Tam nodded, forcing a smile into his face. "I get it, have fun," he told her before she left.

"So, you and Biana?" A voice made Tam spin, before rolling his eyes. Keefe had one of his signature smirks on and an eyebrow raised. Tam had no idea how Keefe managed to get on Biana's list, but yet, here he was.

"I don't know what you mean," Tam told him flatly, walking back to his seat at one of the tables.

"Oh please, Bangs Boy. You obviously have the hots for her. I feel it."

Tam rolled his eyes. Empaths. "And? What about it?" he snapped, making Keefe sense a string of annoyance.

"I'm just saying, you have a lot of competition. Especially me." He ran his fingers through his hair before leaving.

Tam tugged on his bangs so harshly, it kinda hurt. Of course, Keefe wanted Biana, and she would choose him. It was just inevitable. Tam sighed in defeat as he sat down and let the music drown out his emotions.

*

The night continued, leaving Tam alone at his table. He gazed out one of the huge windows before he felt a tap on his shoulder. "You want to take a walk?" Biana asked him, she had a small coat on and looked up to Tam pleadingly.

"What? I mean, of course. What about your other matches?" Tam questioned as she pulled him out the door.

"My mother said I could get away for a bit. Come on."

She stepped outside with him, taking a deep breath. Tam admired her features until she glanced at him. "C'mon. I want to show you something." She grabbed his hand and led him through Everglen's beautiful gardens, which gave off a scent that was spicy and sweet.

It seemed that every flower in the world was in the garden. But none of the compared to Biana's beauty. Tam thoughts were interrupted as Biana pulled him to a large lake. The moon reflected off the water, lighting up both their faces.

"Come on, sit here." She sat down on a bench seated to look out on the water. Tam sat next to her, watching the water move.

"So, you have a lot of guys here," he said, breaking the silence.

Biana sighed. "Yeah, it's kind of a waste of time. I already know who I want to choose."

Tam's heart stopped. "Oh. Uh, do I know them?"

Biana nodded. "Yeah, really well. It may even be the same person." She added quietly, making Tam turn to her.

"Me?" He was utterly shocked. Never in a thousand years would he think someone like Biana want to be with someone like him.

Biana nods, "I understand if you, don't want to be with someone like me, but I've—" Tam cut her off quickly.

"Biana, why wouldn't I ever want to be with someone like you? You're incredible and smart, and beautiful..." he trailed off, heat rushing to his face. "But... you deserve so much better. Someone like Keefe, or Dex. Someone who can help your name." Tam put his head down. He had always had feelings for her. But deep down he knew she deserved better.

"I don't want someone who will help my name. Or someone who I don't enjoy being around. Tam, I want to be with you. You say I deserve better, but you are better. You make me a better person, and someone I can be proud of. I know you think you're not good enough... but if anything, I don't deserve you."

Biana got up and faced him, "When I'm with you, I feel happy. And I want to feel like that forever."

Tam got up as well. "Are you sure you're making the right choice? There are so many other boys."

"I have never been so sure about something in my life. Because I love you, Tam."

"I love you too, Biana."

author's note
This is absolute crap. okay, sue me. It's kind of cute but whatever. I was assigned Tiana cause that's all I can write at the moment. I ship Tiana more than anyone else in KOTLC. Anyway, I'm sorry it's awful but I hoped you enjoyed even an aspect of it. This is probably inspired by Angel's gala one-shots, which she claims is bad but those are lies.