I Care About You » ( Platonic ) Keefiana / ( Romantic ) Tiana

a/n: hey babes ~ angel here today ! ( bianaeliot )

words: 1195
author: angel :)
ship(s): keefiana (but it's platonic) and romantic tiana
prompt: #8 - "I care about you."

( takes place at tam & biana's wedding ! )

Biana watched the sparkling lushberry juice trickle into her champagne glass. Even though she was now of age to drink fizzleberry wine, she preferred not to drink. It just... didn't taste good. Didn't smell good. Wasn't good for you. And Biana had to be twice as careful of her health now that she had a baby growing inside of her.

Nobody aside from Tam knew, but she was two weeks pregnant as of yesterday, with the father being her husband, Tam Song. It had been... maybe four hours since they'd gotten married. Well, technically eleven days, since that was when they signed the papers. But the fact still was that they were married.

Biana could barely believe it. Her life was finally coming together after the Neverseen decided to drop the stupid act and realize the Black Swan were finally the one five steps ahead.

She gingerly sipped from her cup, watching everyone laugh and dance around her. She would've joined in if she hadn't been so thirsty. Hm. Maybe she should drink a bottle of Youth instead. Lushberry juice was definitely a million times better than any human fruit juice, but it probably wasn't as healthy as Youth.

Biana pursed her lips with a wide smile as she watched Tam dance with Linh's two ½ year old little girl. She stood on his toes and he moved from side to side, holding her tiny hands. Tam must've felt Biana staring, because he looked up and gave her a smile sweeter than the wedding cake. He was going to be such a great father.

Someone then tapped Biana on the shoulder. Biana whipped around to face a particularly familiar face, one that never stopped looking mischievous. Even though she wasn't the closest with the blond-haired boy, — er, rather, man. she still wasn't used to being a young adult — she was still glad to see someone she really knew. She'd spent the night trying to keep track of all the names of her relatives.

Biana and Tam had honestly wanted to have a small wedding with only their closest family and friends, but it was a tradition in the Vacker family to have all the relatives over. So that's what she had to do.

"Keefe? Enjoying the party?" Biana smiled softly.

What Keefe did was kind of a shrug-nod, like he was still deciding between two answers. "I love a good party, but I don't think I ever got to tell you how beautiful you look. Congratulations, Biana."

Biana raised her dark eyebrows slowly. She was definitely not expecting this. Definitely not. It was so out of character for Keefe to be serious and genuine. Well, maybe to Sophie, but not to her.

"That's... so incredibly sweet, Keefe. Thank you." Biana tilted her head to the side. "But this isn't like you. What's the occasion? The ulterior motive?"

Keefe sighed in defeat. "I know I'm the Master of Mischief and all that but —"

"Master of Mischief?!" Biana asked, laughing. "What is it with you and giving yourself stupid nicknames? 'Lord Hunkyhair?'"

Keefe narrowed his eyes playfully. "Let me finish, Princess Prettypants."

Biana laughed again. "I'm not wearing pants!"

Keefe made a disgusted face as he told her, "I did not need to know that, Biana."

"What, you expect me to wear pants underneath this dress?!" Biana asked, lifting up her many layers of silk and lace, which gracefully wrapped around her legs and feet, which stood tall in opalescent heels.

"ANYWAY, I wanted to talk to you about some stuff," Keefe warned.

"Okaaay. What stuff?"

Why Keefe was talking to Biana, she wasn't sure. They didn't usually talk, to be honest.

"Well," Keefe looked up at the rising stars, "for starters. I'm sorry."

"...For what?"

"For hurting you. Making us drift apart."

Biana clenched her jaw. "Did you have to bring this up on this particular night?"

"Sorry," Keefe sighed. "But... you're getting married, Biana. And that probably means you'll have half the amount of time to spend with all of us." He gestured to the rest of their close friends, who stood in a group, happily chatting and giggling as Sophie tried to hide the fact that she was watching Keefe and Biana out of the corner of her eye in curiosity. Huh. She must've thought it was weird too.

"So I thought we could try to patch up our friendship," Keefe said. "So that when we all do hang out, maybe it won't be weird between us anymore."

"Things aren't... weird. We're just... not as close anymore." Biana fidgeted with the ends of her pretty sleeves.

"I know," Keefe admitted. "And I also know that's my fault."

"It's not your fault for rejecting me, Keefe." The words tasted bitter on her tongue. "You're allowed to not like someone. That's okay. It's, it's okay."

"But I did like you, Biana. For a little while. And then, I met..." Keefe trailed off, deciding to leave that painful subject for another time. Or never. Hopefully never. "Anyway, I just don't want that to be the reason we can't be friends."

"We are friends Keefe. We're just not best friends anymore."

It felt like Biana's heart was being ripped open. Not because she had any sort of feelings for Keefe; her heart would always belong to Tam, whether she liked it or not. Although she did. Being with him was... beyond amazing. But that was besides the point. Maybe it just hurt a little, admitting everything wasn't perfect between them. That he had hurt her. Not intentionally, but it still drove a wall between them. That game of truth or dare. And... the other girl.

But Biana wasn't jealous, or anything. She was now a married woman, after all. Just the thought made her smile. Only because she was married to a certain kind-hearted Shade.

"I know that too. I just wanna make sure you know I care about you. Even if it's not in that way, I love you, Biana. You're great, really. And Tam's a super lucky guy." Keefe smiled. And Biana had to smile back. Mostly because he hadn't called her husband "Bangs Boy." But also because she was glad Keefe didn't hate her.

"I care about you too, Keefe."

"So... we're good then?" Keefe asked.

Biana nodded. "Yeah."

"Good. Then go dance with your husband, and try to hide those warm fuzzies your giving off." Keefe winked. Biana didn't think he could really feel her emotions without contact, even if they were three feet apart and his Empath skills had only improved as time went by, but by the look on her face, Biana was sure anyone could tell she was filled with sweet, happy feelings.

"Okay." Biana smiled again, and suddenly hugged Keefe before stepping away towards Tam. "Enjoy the party, Mr. Master of Mischief."

a/n: still angel lmao~ 
i loved writing this oneshot,, but please keep in mind everything between keefe and biana is PLATONIC,,, biana is MARRIED. but let us know what u thought of this oneshot in the comments ! xoxoxo we love u