Well, That Didn't Work

An older man pulls a chair up in front of her and sat.

"My Panthera, my lovely Panthera, I have a job for you." The older man seemed genuine as he spoke. "You see, our own Winter Soldier escaped and he needs to die. He is a risk to HYDRA, to us, and I need your help to stop him from ruining our plans. Can you do that?" Panthera, or the girl's codename, just nods. "Good, you'll find him with a man named Steve Rodgers and another named Sam Wilson. There might also be a woman named Natasha Romanoff there. Take them all out and anyone in your way." After that, he stands and walks out the door but not without whispering to someone by the door. "Prep her."

As soon as he had left, a scientist walked up to her and slammed a different collar on her again before the guards lifted her up. This collar has a way to turn off her powers for some time. Even with it, she is just as lethal and can kill everyone there. So they keep the cuffs on.

After more walking down many hallways, they all pile into a small jet and shove her into a seat with guns of all sorts trained at her. No one looks her in the eyes, scared of her long list of kills and how gruesome each and every one are. Her list is almost double the Winter Soldier despite being captured much later than him. Her humanity had long since fled after most of her killings.

The flight is a couple hours of her staring and calculating each and everyone of them, making them incredibly antsy. They dare not touch her like they did the Soldier because they know what could happen if she gets loose. The young woman tends to hold grudges.

After the long flight, they land just outside the city and give instructions.

"They have been seen in apartment 27 in the building just west of where we landed. Either snipe or go in but get it done," a guard says with a pause. "не хотел бы провалить миссию, не так ли?" *Wouldn't want to fail a mission would you?* Panthera's eyes snap to the man that dare talk about her like that with a deadly glare that makes all the others flinch. "Идти." *go* With that, the cuffs are taken off but the mask and collar stay. A way to ensure she stays in line.

She stood and watched the men with a tilt of her head, they feared she would attack but knew she wouldn't. That didn't stop their fear though. With one last glare, she turns and sprints out of the jet and into the shadows. She continues until she's a ways away from the jet.

The rush of her powers lighting beneath her skin could not compare to anything. She felt free, for now. For she knows freedom is a lie, a way to ensure cooperation. Her mind escaped its prison to wonder what true freedom would be like.

Her mind spun webs filled with her own thoughts, not ones that have been carved. It seemed as though nothing could stop her. That was until shocks ripped through her muscles one at a time. A sign to continue.

Walking down an alley to the perfect sniping spot, she jumps as soon as the fire escape appears above her. Most would think that climbing the fire escape stairs would be loud but she barely made a sound as she flowed through the shadows.

Once she made it to the top, she finds the perfect spot and starts to set up her gun as she looks into the apartment to see two shadows by the window. 'Too easy,' she thinks as she laughs in her head. Before she lays down, a loud sound comes from behind her. It might not be loud to others but with her experience from being locked in quiet places for days, it's almost deafening.

"Hello sweet cheeks," an almost electronic voice sounds from behind her. "Whatcha doing out here? Stargazing? Maybe killing our favorite Capsicle? Both sound great but," he stops for an obvious wince even though she can't see him. "I can't let you do either."

Panthera slowly turns around and stares at the metal man in front of her. Red and gold make up his outline as she furrowed her eyebrows trying to figure out what or who that is. A sharp ache in her brain pulled her from her confusion as a memory surfaces. Ever since the brainwipe, she gets memories back slowly until they rip it from her again.

"What are you doing this time?" Tony asks as he walks up to a girl as she hung upside down on the back of the couch.

"I'm bored," the young teen said simply.

"Bored? Why?" he asks like what she said was the craziest thing ever. "I'm Tony Stark, am I not cool enough for you?"

"Nope," her blood was rushing to her head as her head turned to look at him. She laughed at his upside down figure with his hands on his hips. "Just because you fly around in a metal onesie doesn't make you cool."

Tony lets out an exaggerated gasp as his hand shoots up to his mouth. "Elizabeth!"