You're My Mission

"What the hell happened here?" the man in metal asked as he flew down until he touched the ground. His mask lifted to show his face that proudly sported a goatee. "Clint?"

"She more powerful than we thought, an enhanced. Cap and Natasha's out cold, I got shot out of a tree and I can't walk, and Loki got mauled." the man named Clint spoke as he crawled his way to Natasha. "Where are the others?"

"On their way," As soon as he finished, a loud voice boomed through the air and crackled with electricity.

"Brother!" A rather large man with the red cape yelled as he ran to the aid of the raven haired man. "What has happened to you?"

"The woman can shapeshift," was all he said as he struggled to sit up.

More people arrived in the small clearing, one of which was the Winter Soldier, her target. The soldier ran to Steve to check on him. Even though he wasn't dead, he did still have a knife in his shoulder. Natasha, on the other hand, was slowly regaining consciousness.

"Who is she?" Metal man asked.

"Her name is Panthera," the Soldier states.

"Not possible, she doesn't exist." Natasha spoke.

"Neither did I," the Soldier said while looking straight at her, his metal arm gleaming in the sun. "She's just like the Winter Soldier but worse. She's a monster." The woman in the trees didn't flinch because she already knows that she is. "I don't know her real name but she's lethal. A shapeshifter and can do something with pain, can't remember for certain. Even without her power, she can kill you the same. She is only allowed outside for missions and it's not as often as you think, I took most of those. No, they would bring people into a room and throw her in there with them for her to kill. And she does, and she's not nice with it. I know why she's here though, for me. I'm her target." He looks down in thought.

"We're not going to let anything happen to you," Clint said with passion next to Natasha.

As they were talking further, another pain grew from the panther's forehead.

A small child hid in a corner with her body racking with sobs. She had been in an accident and saw death, came close to it herself.

"Hey," the voice soothed. "It's okay, come here." The soft voice of a woman spoke. The girl rushed forward into a pile of glowing red hair. "It's going to be okay Elizabeth, I won't let anything happen to you."

Panthera was pushed out of her memory by more shocks, enough to make her fall out of the tree. Her body was weak with blood loss but she was trained for this. They made her bleed and fight so she knows she could do it, but that doesn't make it much easier. The panther on the ground was twitching from the silver collar around its neck. Once it stopped, she opened her eyes to see everyone surrounding her with weapons drawn, or those who could.

"Hey," metal man turns to the other dressed fully in black. "It's you." He snickers.

"That's her," a smooth voice said from the back.

Panthera shakily stood and backed away until she hit a tree. A weak warning growl came from her mouth as she decided to change back. More bone breaking and popping was heard until she was back in her human form, laying her own puddle of blood.

Unfortunately, the mask did not stay with her as she changes so they can see her face. She looks up from underneath her hooded eyes to see wide eyes and open mouths as they stared at her like they've seen a ghost. She looked back until more pain spread through her as the collar activated again to let her know to finish the job. Even when her body is sore and inches from death, she got up.

"You're my mission," she spoke with a gravelly voice. She doesn't remember the last time she used her voice besides screaming. She began to limp to the Soldier before the spots took over her vision. Her body fell and she expected to feel the hard ground but only felt two strong arms, one colder than the other.

"No I'm not," the man spoke before her body became the victim of electricity once again. The Soldier was connected and affected too with his metal arm and reached her neck to crushed the collar. "I've got you." That was the last thing she heard before the blood loss got the best of her.