Please Remember, For Me?

The next few days were long and filled with anxiety and worry. The woman was still unconscious as she laid still in the bed. She seemed peaceful and unaware of the world behind her yet they knew better. They knew as soon as she wakes up all hell will break loose.

Steve sat on the uncomfortable hospital chair beside Lizzie's bed staring at her handcuff clad wrists. He stared at the bruising and scars that littered the skin he could see. Not daring to think of what scars lie beneath her thin hospital gown. Steve was startled when the machine started picking up. With no idea what to do, he called for the doctor.

Bruce entered at the same time her eyes opened. She took a second to clear her head before looking around quietly. As soon as her eyes landed on the handcuffs she stiffened. It surprised the men that she didn't move and try to get out of the cuffs.

The woman was used to this, waking up restrained with a bunch of people she doesn't recognize. She assumed it was the same and didn't want to move in fear of a beating.

She looked up again to catch sight of Bruce, her heart rate picked up again as a sharp pain stabbed her brain.

"What are you doing now?" Lizzie asked quietly, always curious of what the older doctor thought of. The man looked at the teen with a small smile.

"I'm testing these chemicals for different reactions. Just a silly experiment," he chuckled when she smiled. His curly hair bounced as he did, streaks of grey painting a few strands.

"Even though that sounds extremely interesting," she stopped to make sure he had his full attention on her. "You need to get out of the lab and grab a bite to eat. It's not healthy for you to be up here 24/7, neither is it for Tony. Then maybe we could play a game of chess that I will undoubtedly beat you at." She ended with a cheeky smile that had him sighing in feigned exasperation at her antics.

"Alright Lizzie, let's go before I change my mind." His voice soft as he stood.

The sharp pain lessened as soon as the memory ended. Her head snapped to look at the doctor as he looked at her worriedly. Her mind running a million times a minute as she tried to process what was going on. Now she knew she wasn't with HYDRA so she promptly tried to escape the handcuffs.

In the state of her frantic confusion, her training was completely useless. The cuffs stayed on even when she used her strength to pull them off, scaring her even more.

"They're vibranium, you can escape these," Steve spoke in a soft voice. His heart dropped when she looked up to him with pure fear. The familiar pain struck again as she attempted to put her hands on her head, hoping to lessen the pain.

The newspaper was the only thing separating the supersoldier and his young friend. The girl repeatedly jumping to see over the paper. A smile spread across the supersoldier's face as this continues.

"You're going to hurt yourself if you continue," He pretended to focus on the words when he heard a loud huff.

"Maybe if you stopped being so huge we could look at it together!" she said teasing. The man set down the paper and lifted his hand to place over his heart.

"Are you calling me fat, Lizzie?" His voice offended.

"I would never!" Now she looked offended before reaching forward and grabbing the newspaper.

"Hey!" He didn't even bother getting up to chase her as she runs down the hall. Her laughter fills the air as it turns maniacal. Her try at an evil laugh, he shook his head as he grabbed and lifted another newspaper.