Lost and Found

Everyone was silent as they flew back in the quinjet on full speed. Panthera, known as Elizabeth to others, laid on the ground with Bucky putting pressure on her wounds.

"That can't be her," Tony spoke just loud enough to be heard, afraid for his voice to break. Tears slid down his cheeks as he stands in a corner staring at the girl. "She's gone."

"But it might be," Natasha spoke just as quiet with tears of her own threatening to spill. Clint sat next to her and rubbed calming circles on her back.

"It cannot be, the man of metal is correct." Thor's face was blank but even his whisper voice was loud for everyone to hear. He slid his hand down his face to stop the small tears falling.

"Well we need to figure it out, and soon." Steve stood and began to speak. He's the captain and that means to lead his team even in their time of need. Even if all he wants to do is curl into a ball and cry, he can't.

"We're almost to the tower and I called in the best doctors," T'challa stated as he walked back from the cockpit. He knew who this was, he loved her the same even though he didn't know her as long as the others.

As Steve looked at everyone, his eyes came across Loki who sat unusually quiet. The truth was that Loki had met this Elizabeth when he tried to take over Midgard. He had taken an immediate liking to the young girl during that time. Learning that she disappeared had broken his cold heart and he guessed she was dead by now but as her body lays in front of him, he has hope. He hadn't had hope in a very long time and this girl brought it back. For that, he cannot let her go again.

Steve was about to say something else when they landed at the tower. Bucky carefully lifted Elizabeth in his arms and brought her to a gurney and laid her down. She still had a pulse, though barely there, so the doctors immediately rushed her to the med bay.

Bruce was waiting for them to help the injured but froze when he saw the foreign body emerging from the plane. Not until he got close enough did he truly realise who the body was. His head spun as he gripped the wall to steady himself. With brows furrowed, he struggled to grasp the idea of the woman being alive.

"Who- Is that who I think that is?" Bruce asked softly as he watched the gurney disappear.

"We have reason to believe she is." Steve spoke with his arms crossed over his chest. He turned his whole body to face the older scientist. "We might of just found Lizzy." A broken smile spread across Steve's face. Bruce couldn't move nor speak, all he did was move his mouth trying to make words escape. Finally closer to his senses, he rushed after the crowd of people.

Both men made it to the hospital room in record time to see the frail body placed on a new hospital bed. Doctors surrounded her as guards cuffed the woman to the bed. Many from the group of heroes wanted to complain but knew it was for the best. For both her and the rest of the people in the building.

The group of heroes stood outside of a large window. The other side was flooded with doctors trying to save the life of someone they all thought long dead.

"We have to talk about this," Clint broke the silence.

"I agree, but not now." Thor whispered though still loud enough for everyone to hear.

Silence settled over them again before a chair scraping harshly made everyone flinch. Loki stood with a longing look on his face before leaving quickly.