Chapter 16 ♔ The Rumor

[ trigger warning: light smut]

Atmosphere POV:

A small giggle left my lips, "Colby, that lady looked at you like you were an idiot." I whispered into his ear, so that random lady who was still following us around wouldn't hear my comment.

He shook his head, "My bad. I seriously thought that was our shopping cart." He chuckled.

I eyed him, "How?" I questioned, "She had three watermelons in there. We didn't even get any." I explained with tiny giggle behind my words.

I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw the old woman's expression when she saw Colby take her cart. And then how she confronted Colby for 'stealing' her stuff was priceless. She made an unnecessary scene in front of everyone in the store and poor Colby stood there and had to let it happen.

A sigh left his lips, "Now I just wanna go home." He mumbled as his head hung low.

I gently rested my hand on his shoulder, "Colby, stop. It was a simply mistake." I said, "She was just bat shit crazy for acting that way." I added, causing a small chuckle to leave his lips.

"You're right." He said with a warm smile on his perfect face.

"Aren't I always." I winked.

He playfully rolled his eyes at me, "You know your wink is kind of turning me on right now." He whispered.

I gave him a look, "Shut up." I hissed as I slapped his chest.

He put his hands up in defense, "I'm only kidding, Jennings." He smirked.

"Well your smirk says other wise, Brock." I playfully snapped.

A small chuckle left his lips, "Oh come on, love." He whispered before wrapping his arm around my shoulder and gently kissing the top of my head.

My heart flutter as my eyes studied his perfect jaw line. I felt horrible at the moment, because ever since Colby came back from his trip he has been nothing but sweet and gentle with me. I still don't know if he kept his promise, but from what I've seen it looks like he did. And I still don't have the heart to tell him about the kiss. Our friendship has been amazing thus far and I'm so afraid to ruin it. I truly want to be his girlfriend again, but I know that this tiny information that  I'm keeping to myself might be the reason we never end up together again. Or even on speaking terms.

"Appna?" That beautiful deep voice called my name causing me to shake those negative thoughts out of my head.

"Yeah." I breathed.

His ocean eyes were fixated on mine, "Why are you staring at me like that?" He questioned.

I tilted my head slightly, "Like what?" I questioned.

"You're staring at me with so much love, but there's also some hurt hidden behind your eyes." He pointed out, "Why?" He questioned.

My breath got caught in my throat as I replayed his words in my head. He could clearly see the emotions that were going on inside me at the moment which terrified me. It's too soon for me to tell him the secret, but also when will it be the right time too? If I wait an longer it will hurt him even more. But if I tell him now he might... well I honestly don't know how he will react. All I know is that I just need to tell him before he leaves for Florida in a couple of weeks.

Instead of answering him, I stood up on my tip toes and gently pecked his soft cheek. A warm smile appeared on his face, "Why you do that?" He asked.

I bit down on my bottom lip, "Cause I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." He whispered back, causing a weak smile to appear on my face.