Chapter 18 ♔ Blackmailing 101

Atmosphere POV:

I quietly waited on the front steps of my place for my best friend. I had just gotten home from dropping Colby off at the parking lot where his car was at.

A small smile appeared on my face as I replayed the events that occurred this morning. Waking up in Colby's arm felt lovely and just right. I didn't want to get out of bed at all because of him. All  I wanted to do was spend more time with him, but that sadly had to come to an end.

My ears picked up the sound of a rusty engine pulling into my driveway, causing me to stand up. I watched as Jake came out of the backseat of his Uber and made his way over to me.

I quickly engulfed him in a tight hug, "Jake." I breathed his name.

He was taken back by my sudden actions, "So, are you gonna tell me why you texted me 'code red'?" He asked, causing me to slowly unwrap myself from him.

My glossy eyes avoided his stares, "Lets get inside first." I sighed as I made way for him to head in first.

"Is Kian not home?" He asked as his dark eyes scanned the empty place.

I shook my head as I shut the door, "No." I sighed, "He hasn't been here for awhile now." I added.

"Have you texted or even called him?" He asked as he dropped his checker backpack on the ground.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Of course I did, Jake." I said, "But he just hasn't replied back. All I know is that he has been at Jc's this whole time." I explained.

A sigh left his lips, "You don't think it has anything to do with the kiss?" He asked.

"I don't know." I mumbled as I made my way over to the table that contained the note, "Speaking of the kiss. Here." I sighed as I handed it over to Jake.

He eyed me before gently unfolding it, "The kiss may have been shared by two people. The secret may have been told to only six people, but six can easily turn into twelve or even twelve thousand as long as you play by my rules no one you love will get hurt by that secret. Sweet dreams, Atmosphere." He quietly read the words to himself.

His dark eyes flutter over to me, "What is this?" He asked as he scrunched his eyebrows together.

I slowly paced back in forth, "I found that here last night." I sighed, "Also, in the exact spot you're standing at right now." I added.

"You think Kian did this?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No, he would never do that to me.... I mean I don't think he would." I said, "But, whoever did has access to my house." I added.

"Wait, what?" He asked in utter disbelief.

"There was no forced entry. You know I always make sure to double check if every door and window is locked and that's what I did before I went out..." I froze as I tried to think of an excuse to cover up why I wasn't home yesterday, "To run some errands." I quickly added.

"The only people that have keys to your house is Kian and me." Jake mumbled.

"Yeah I know." I said as I stop pacing back and forth, "But I know for a fact you two wouldn't do this to me." I added.

"You have cameras, right?" He asked.

A sigh left my lips, "And that's why I know for sure someone was in my house, because the footage from that time frame was deleted off of my computer."

Jake gave me a serious look, "So you're telling me that you waited until today to tell me what was going on instead of telling me that moment you found out." He said, "You stayed here all night by yourself, what if that person was still in the house?!" He shouted at me only because he was angry and worried at the moment.