Chapter VII

-Zac POV-
Charlotte hasn't been at school for 3 days now, I assume it's because of homecoming. Although, she doesn't seem like the type of person to hide from her problems. I make my way into English, she is gone, again.

"Take your seats please," Mrs. Pot says. She connects her Mac to the projector and clicks on a link that is labeled 10.14.14 which is a date, three days ago, when Charlotte stopped coming to school.

She hits play on the video and we all watch. The video is in black and white and its filming what looks like from a light post. There's Charlotte. She's walking, and two men are following her. Every time she turns around they move so she cant see them. She starts to pick up speed.

Oh god I know where this is heading.

The two men run at her from different angels, catching Charlotte completely off guard.

"Why are we watching this?" I barley make out, afraid of the answer. Although the teacher doesn't reply with one.

Charlotte screams for help, desperately. She fights for her life there is no doubt about that. She cusses at the men, threatening them with everything she could think of.

Where was I during all this? Lacrosse.

She manages to escape them and she dashes away only to come to a stop. One of the larger men pulled a gun on her. She twists her body back around. Fear thrashing through her eyes. She blinks twice and as if she realizes something she puts her hands in the air confidently, and speaks,

"Go ahead. Shoot me." It feels as if a huge weight has been dropped on my chest. Me myself is holding my breath, how could she not be? She speaks again, her voice cracking through the audio. "Live with the guilt for the rest of your life. Have nightmares about me. Go ahead, shoot. What are you waiting for?" Why would she tempt him like that? Although I give her credit. Any girl in that situation would throw her hands up pleading for her life, begging for mercy. Not this one though. She continues, "I don't get what you want from me. Should I run again? Is that what it will take for you to shoot me?" She puts her foot forward and the man flinches but does not pull the trigger. He's sweating bullets meanwhile Charlotte keeps on intimidating him. "Go ahead." She coos.
"Let," she takes a short pause, "it," short pause again, "fly."

And with a quick motion the man pulls the trigger and it hits her square in the shoulder as her body twits away from the impact and is knocked unconscious when her head hits the cement.

The two men tie her hands and feet, they literally throw her into the back of a van. She was air-bound. They slammed the doors closed and sped away, leaving their license plate number in perfect view. I can't help the fact that my mind fills with questions on Charlotte. I knew her brother was tutoring that day, I should have just walked her home. So what if I would have missed practice? I ruffle through my hair. I really cant shake the feeling that I have seen one of the men in the video before. And that license plate. I know where she is.

-Clay POV-

Our class just finished the video of Charlotte. Jackson had called me earlier and told me about it was declared she was a missing person about 7 hours ago. But watching the video made me hurt. Poor Charlotte. I was suppose to drive her home but I had to take care of some business instead.

-------------------------------------------------
A/n I don't really like author notes because I feel like they take away the idea of the story but I do have to add this in, and I swear to you (if there are any 'yous' out there reading this) I will keep the a/n to a minimum. I do want to know if there is anyone out there actually reading this story and wanting me to update if, if so I will keep updating but if not then I will probably only do updates to satisfy myself I guess haha. Anyway if there is somebody/something reading this story, I guess i should say I hope you like it? Haha I'm not to good at these sorts of things. So I will close out by just saying, if you're out there reading this please comment! Thanks!