Chapter XXIII

Zac POV

"Bellamy! Jackson! Get the hell up!" I shout through the house running into their rooms.

"The hell? Why are you still here White?" Bellamy asks coming out of his room.

"It doesn't matter. Charlotte's gone. She left a tape saying she turned herself over to Clay. She demanded that we don't go after her. I don't know about you, but I'm going." I say running down the stairs and grabbing a butcher knife from the table. I shove it into my belt as Bellamy and Jackson just stare at me.

"What do you mean she handed herself over? How did you not hear her leave? How the hell could you have let this happen!?" Jackson screams at me.

"That doesn't matter! We have to go now! They will kill her! They have done it before!" I scream again.

"If they're going to kill her, shouldn't we just call the cops?" Jackson questions.

"I've explained this to you before! We have a better chance than the cops ever will." I'm already getting annoyed with the both of them. I start heading out the door of the house.

"Then let's go." Bellamy says getting in the car followed by Jackson.

"What's the plan?" Jackson asks once we reach the house.

"He's my uncle. Let's see if I can offer a trade." I say getting out of the car.

"What trade?" Jackson says following me.

"You guys go around back and just wait there. I'll send out Charlotte." I run off leaving them behind and head into the house.

"Aye look who's back!" My uncle shouts.

"Where is Charlotte?" I snap.

"In the basement, where else?" He laughs. I look towards the basement as two men stand before the door. "You know, she handed her self over. So why are you coming to her rescue?" An evil grin grows on his face.

"She thinks she's doing something for the greater good. There is no good in this." I snap. "Let's trade. Her for me." I offer.

"Well. That's a tempting offer, but you're not our type." He says laughing once again. I roll my eyes at his disgusting comment. "Ahh, I see. You want me to hand her over and in return, you join the business again." His face comes to realization and I only nod. "Fine." He says. "Leonardo, Angelo, go take the brunette and give her to her brothers waiting outside."

The two men open the basement door and come back up with Charlotte. My eyes meet hers for a split second as she falls unconscious. I was about to go and get her but my uncle puts an arm out.

"She means nothing to you." He spits.

"She means everything to me." I spit back. He doesn't budge. "I will work for you. But I don't want my pay. I'm only doing this so Charlotte can go home and be safe for once. You can strip me of my humanity but you will never change the way I feel about her." I add as anger grows in my voice as the two men don't budge their grip on her arms.

"Then how about I just kill her?" My uncle steps foreword.

"No." I pull out the knife from my pocket and aim it at him. His men raise their guns so half are pointing at me and half are pointing at Charlotte. "Her for me. That was the deal." I spit.

"Fine." My uncle gestures for the two men to push Charlotte out the door. Bellamy catches her and nods his head at me.

"Go fetch me a brunette, will you?" My uncle grins.

Charlotte POV

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Bellamy screams.

"I was thinking your life, Jackson's life, and Zac's life would be better without having me in the picture."

"Why would you think that?!" Bellamy screams again. Jackson left to go get some Advil since we ran out so it was just Bellamy and I.

"We can't do anything anymore without being cautious or afraid of whats going to happen. I didn't want that for you or anyone. I figured if I gave myself over then you guys would be fine and not worry and live the life you wanted." I say quietly. "Where's Zac?"

"He traded himself for you. He's working for the business again."

"This is exactly what I didn't want! Why did he have to do this! I hate that damn boy!" I throw my pillow across my room and various other objects.

"Calm down!" Bellamy shouts taking my wrists and trying to stop me from freaking out.

"I loved him Bellamy." I cry. "I really did love him." I cry more.

"We will get him back. I promise." He coos.