Preliminaries | Book Information

▬ι═══════ﺤB O O K   O N E ▬ι═══════ﺤ

▬ι═══════ﺤ
B O O K   O N E
▬ι═══════ﺤ

I. Synopsis

❝ Delphinium Tesla is anything but the innocent citizen she pretends to be, especially not with the power of telekinesis behind her fingertips. Laying low will not erase her haunting memories of the enigmatic master who trained her to be an assassin against her will—nor the atrocities she committed to end him.

One of her worst fears comes to life when she is arrested by a familiar face and forced into a crew of the only other gifted individuals, who bear titles as grim as hers: drug addict, kleptomaniac, crime lord, lunatic, murderer. Alongside her new crew, Delphinium is tasked with apprehending a wraithlike international terrorist.

This dangerous group of criminals must join forces if they have any hope of living long enough to unravel the mystery that is not as it seems. But they all must beware: everyone is hiding secrets, and most of the crew members are far more deadly than they let on. Perhaps even deadlier than the enemy they seek. ❞

II. Epigraph

she wears strength and
darkness equally well.
the girl has always been
half goddess, half hell.

— nikita gill

❝ do not mistake me for my mask.
you see the light sapling on the water
and forget the deep, cold dark beneath. ❞

— patrick rothfus

❝ if there is light,
then i am going to swallow it.
if there is a god,
then i'm going to make him cry. ❞

— s. osborn

III. Author's Note

First of all, I simply wanted to thank you for giving my book a chance. This story couldn't have gone anywhere without my readers, and I'm eternally grateful for each and every one of you. Every read, comment and vote is seen and appreciated.

Second, please don't be a silent reader! I love hearing your comments and it helps to know what you're thinking about the story. I'll do my best to reply to you.

The one thing I ask of you is to think before you put out any negative comments; remember that I am a real person that can see hateful comments. These characters mean the world to me, and it's disheartening to see them nit-picked just for the sake of it. Of course, my characters are not above criticism and I always approve of discussions about their rather less-than-moral decisions.

However, if I get a single whiff of misogyny, homophobia, racism or general unkindness in the comment section, you will be blocked and reported. This is a safe place for anyone who wants it, and I do not tolerate bigotry.

Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to read Blood and Bone. I sincerely hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

IV. Warning

I am not one to shy away from things like gore or drug addiction. I have drawn the events of mental illness in this story from my own experiences. The only reason I say this is to make anyone else combating anything similar empowered enough to have honest conversations about it/not feel isolated in their struggle. As debilitating and uncomfortable it can be, mental illness is never something to be ashamed about. If you can relate, I'm so sorry.

At times, this story will contain strong language, explicit drug use, traumatic events (involving anxiety, suicidal thought, and psychosis) and extreme violence. I suggest at least a 14+ age limit because mature topics will be discussed.

My characters are not good people. They are very dark and very flawed. It is easy to love a hero. Let's see if you can love a monster.