three ☆ starstruck

▹

One week later, now the twenty-third of April—the day of the awaited Sweepstakes—the three Santiago women checked into their hotel and left their luggage in their room. Marie and Grace sat on one of the beds until a tablet-like looking device got placed in front of the two girls. The two girls looked up, and watched the screen light up with the faces of Sofia and Cameron. They watched intently.

"Hey, guys!" The two actors said in greeting.

Marie and Grace waved and greeted the two.

Cameron then spoke, "We have a ride that we sent over to you guys, and we will meet you two very soon."

The two actors, and the sisters, waved in farewell. A little while later, a limo came to pick them up.

"Me quedare aqui. Ustedes se divierten." Rosalinda said to her two daughters as they left the room.

Once inside the limo, the two girls drove off to a secret location. As soon as they arrived to the location, they were greeted by Cameron and Sofia.

"Hi, you guys." Sofia and Cameron said in unison.

The two sisters smiled and greeted the actors.

Opening their arms, the two actors walked over to the girls as Sofia said, "Group hug."

The four hugged and then walked into a big room inside the building. Once inside the building and sitting on couches or chairs, the four chatted for a while.

"Who's your guys' favorite Disney villain?" Sofia asked the two sisters.

"Ursula." Grace replied.

Marie spoke up, "Jafar."

"No way," Cameron said, "mine too."

Marie smiled, happy that she wasn't as freaked out or as panicked as she presumed she would be. After the four talked for a while longer and learned dance moves to some of the songs for the upcoming film, they met up with one of the Costume Designers for Descendants 2 and got made up into Mal and Evie.

Once Grace was made up to match the appearance of Mal, it was Marie's turn to be made up so that she could match the appearance of Evie. As Marie was getting made up, Cameron and Sofia both situated the wig atop her head.

After the wig was situated, Sofia spoke. "This—the blue looks amazing on you."

Cameron grinned. "Oh, I nailed that."

Seconds later, Sofia said, "Alright, Marie, Grace; off to the stage, let's go."

Soon, the two sisters were on the 'stage' and got to experience what it felt like to be on screen or apart of the movie. While Marie recited some of Evie's lines and relished in the feeling of the spotlight, she noticed Grace and Cameron talking from behind the camera; she knew Grace was telling him something but she couldn't make out what, and she didn't manage to catch sight of the glances that the actor was aiming her way.

After the two sisters got to experience a bit of the spotlight, they went back to the room they had been in earlier and took a photo with Cameron and Sofia and got it framed as well as signed. Once they got their picture signed, they bid farewell to the actors by form of embrace and left to go back to their hotel.

Now back in their hotel room, Marie and Grace explained their entire experience to their mom.

"Me alegro que ambos se hayan divertido." Rosalinda spoke up as she smiled.

Later on in the night, as the two sisters chatted, Marie's phone chimed. As she picked up her phone, she noticed that a text from an unknown number lit up her screen.

unknown
hi. this
is Cameron

marie 👼 changed unknown to cameron 🐨

marie 👼
hi. uh,
should i
even ask how
you got my
number?

cameron 🐨
from your
sister, Grace

marie 👼
i figured

cameron 🐨
i hope you
don't mind
that she did that

marie 👼
i don't

cameron 🐨
i just wanted
to talk to you
again

marie 👼
aww. well, i hate
to cut this short
but i've got to
get to bed. good night,
Cameron

cameron 🐨
it's no problem.
good night, Marie.
sweet dreams

Marie telling Cameron that she needed to get to bed wasn't a lie, but she wanted to question Grace, even if he had had told her that her older sister had given him her phone number. She faced her sister and asked, "Grace, did you give Cameron my number?"

Grace turned to Marie and said, "I did; and before you even ask me why, I know you wouldn't have given it to him yourself."

"What makes you think that—" Marie started.

Grace sighed. "Oh, please. Don't act like you wouldn't want to talk to him."

Marie gave her older sister a pointed look before she sighed in defeat. "Okay, fine, you're right."

The older Santiago sibling smirked. "So, are you going to keep talking to him?"

Marie nodded and smiled softly. Minutes later, she fell asleep, still happy from the day's events.