nineteen ☆ weddings galore

▹

In the last week of July, Marie sat at the kitchen table in her home for breakfast. Once she had eaten, she got up from her seat and put her plate in the sink before sitting back down.

As soon as she sat once more, her mother spoke. "I just got off the phone with your tia Josie and she said that your cousin Brooklyn is getting married in a week. Late invitation, yes, but it was still one. Now, Marie, I know how you are with dancing with your cousins due to their chastising so, how would you feel to have Cameron be your plus one to the wedding?"

Marie smiled, and she nodded. Until she asked the one question that she already knew the answer to, but still wanted conformation for. "I'll have to dance, still, won't I?"

Grace nodded in reply as she stood up from the table then and walked to the family room, phone in hand.

private conversation
grace [ grace 💛 ]
cameron [ cameron 🦒 ]

grace 💛
hi, Cameron

cameron 🦒
hi, Grace.
what do you
need?

grace 💛
this morning,
Marie and i
found out that
one of our
cousins is
getting married
soon. Marie gets to
have a plus one so
do you think you'd
be able to attend the
wedding? or even come
over, as she practices
her dancing to calm her
or give her an idea of how
it'll be for her with you at
the wedding together?

cameron 🦒
i'm free either
the 3rd or 4th
of next month.
i'll see you
all again, soon.
as for the wedding,
i'm sure i'll be
able to attend it

grace 💛
great, thank
you, Cameron

Grace and Marie sat on their beds, in their rooms.

"So," Grace began, "I told Cameron and he said that he's sure he'll be in attendance to Brooklyn's wedding so your plus one is all set."

Marie smiled as Grace nudged her and she laughed.

Knowing that Cameron might be in attendance made her happy and she couldn't wait to spend time with him again.