part 7

bella's pov

i look at jordan sighing. is this good enough? his silky curls are wet because i washed his hair while i was getting him ready and his hair has also been moisturised which adds a shine to it and also makes his hair smell nice. he's dressed in a white nike shirt with a small black tick and grey shorts. we're not going out, i just tried to make him look as presentable as possible because grayson is coming over. and now i have to break it to him.

"jordan."

he looks up at me but within seconds his focus is back on looking down at the ipad so i take it from him. his bottom lip quivers and i huff, rolling my eyes.

"stop it. i have something really cool to tell you."

he perks up, sitting up properly on the couch even though he probably doesn't even fully understand what i'm saying.

"so. daddy is gonna come over today to say hi to you. he also said he's gonna give you loads of new toys."

"toys?!"

he whispers excitedly, his eyes widening.

"yes baby, toys. but also daddy's coming. we talked about him the other day and you said you wanted to see him...remember?"

he nods his head but also frowns.

"when is daddy coming?"

"very soon jordan. very soon."

**

after hearing grayson knocking at the door my heart begins to pound. i look in the mirror next to the door making sure i look decent. i straightened my hair earlier because i couldn't be bothered to deal with my curls today and i'm wearing a black tank top with a dark denim skirt. when i open the door, i see that grayson is wearing a white t—shirt and grey nike shorts which i think is a coincidence since jordan is wearing grey shorts and a nike shirt.

i go up on my tiptoes so i can whisper to grayson that jordan is in the front room and i also tell him how to get to the front room since he's never been further than the small corridor at the entrance of my apartment.

"do i look okay? has he asked about me? fuck bella. what if i mess up."

"grayson. he's two. he doesn't care what you look like. just be yourself and you won't mess up. he'll love you, trust me. and he hasn't asked about you for a few days but he knows who you are. i even told him your real name and everything. he knows mine too, and i think it's good for him to learn our names in case he ever needs it for something."

grayson nods, seemingly calmed down.

"okay. wish me luck."

"you won't need it. now quick, i've left him for too long!"

i whisper shout and grayson gives me a toothy smile showing off his pearly—whites before following my directions.

when he gets to the front room he stops, looking at jordan who's oblivious to his presence since he's back on the ipad.

"jordan!"

i shout and he jumps but then looks in shock at grayson. he gets up, tottering over to him. i move out of the way and watch as grayson stands still while staring at his son, shell shocked.

"d-daddy?"

i see that grayson's eyes are watering and mine do too. i should've never not let him see his own son. it was cruel and so uncalled for. regret fills my body but i try not to think about it too much because they're together now and i hope they're never separated again.

"hi little man."

grayson picks him up and jordan rests his head on his shoulder, playing with grayson's hair. while jordan is faced the other way, grayson keeps his eyes on me. he looks overwhelmed with happiness and i smile, looking at the two of them. grayson attempts to put jordan down but he squirms around and makes sure that grayson is unable to do so by using one of his super skills; climbing. he loves to scramble all over people, and he's very strong for his age.

  grayson's eyes look bright and happy as he starts to spin jordan around in the air while jordan uncontrollably giggles, screaming in between his fits of laughter.

  for some reason, i don't think i've ever been happier.

**

  "so bella. thanks for letting me come."

  grayson sips at the water i gave him and i nod.

  "now that jordan is taking a nap i just wanted to ask...who is it that you've moved on with?"

  fuck.

  "uh...his name is joshua."

  i think fast and that happens to be the first name that came to my mind.

  "how long have you guys been seeing each other?"

  he sits back slightly, putting his arms behind his head and cheekily smiling at me.

  "8 months."

  he nods and everything goes quiet until he asks me another question.

  "do you have a picture of this joshua then?"

  i quietly gasp in shock, my hands beginning to sweat.

  "no."

  "but you've been seeing him for 8 months?"

  he's onto me.

  "i don't have any because he's not real."

  grayson laughs when i tell the truth and he nods.

  "i know. i suspected."

  "you know what? i really have missed you grayson."

  he sits up again, his eye contact with me intensifying.

  "i've missed you as well bella."

  "i'm really enjoying your company. i hope you know that you can visit whenever you like."

  "wow. you changed your tune quickly. but thank you bella."

"so, can i use the bathroom please?"

i nod and tell him which way to go. before he leaves the room he leans down to me, planting a small kiss on my cheek and when he's gone i touch the now blushing spot on my face.

holy fuck.

seventh chapter out of ten

i've been working on this book for hours and it's so hot and i'm so sweaty so i need to have a shower for the second time today lmaoo

i ship them sm they're the cutest aw

ily

-jenaya

word count: 1026