part 8

grayson's pov

  "come on gray. just choose an outfit. it's either the white shirt and black jeans or the grey sweater with the jeans."

  i choose the one with the white shirt and ethan nods, telling me that i made a good decision and that he thinks i need to calm down. kelsey and ethan decided that they would offer to look after jordan tonight so bella and i could go out together. they said that it was nothing romantic but bella and i both know their intentions.

  "okay gray. now get going, you're gonna be late."

  ethan says, laughing and pushing me forward. i grab my keys and leave but not before telling him to take good care of my child.

**

  my jaw drops when i see bella. she's in a simple black strap dress and her hair is up in a ponytail for a change. the two strands frame her face which is glowing in the late evening sun making her tan complexion look honey—like.

  she has a huge smile on her face and struts up to me, wrapping me in her amazing embrace. i close my eyes, finally feeling content after three years without her.

  "you look stunning bella."

  "i know i do. so do you."

  she winks at me and i laugh, taking her hand and guiding her inside the restaurant. once we're seated after a little wait we begin to talk while looking at the menu.

  "so bella, what do you do for a living now that you've finished your studies?"

  "i'm a detective but in family cases."

  i nod, scanning over the various meal options on the menu.

  "how have you been anyways? anything changed over the last three years?"

  she asks, shuffling in her seat and still reading over the menu.

  "not really. same job, same house, same life. it's just been a bit empty without you."

  the last part was a long shot but clearly it does something because she finally looks away from the menu, focusing her attention on me.

  "really?"

  she smugly asks, leaning forward with her hand on the table so she can rest her chin on it.

  "yeah."

  she looks as if she's stuck with being extremely happy and not wanting to smile too much so she seems to be straining her face to refrain her grin which makes me laugh a little.

  "what?"

  she asks but i don't answer her question because the waiter comes over.

  "good evening. what would you both like?"

  her tone is sultry and soft and she locks eyes with me.

  "i'll have the california sushi rolls please and some sparkling water."

(a/n: sparkling water=🤮)

  bella orders her meal first and the waiter quietly scoffs at her before jotting down her order.

  "i'll have the same thing."

  she smiles, writing again before wandering off while very obviously swaying her hips making me stare.

  "grayson!"

  bella snaps her fingers at me, rolling her eyes.

  "what?"

  i smile at her however she doesn't look entertained because she looks angry instead.

  "you're meant to be paying attention to me, not her."

  "aw. is someone jealous?"

  i tease and she looks away, obviously very raged by this.

  "okay i'm sorry bella."

  "you know grayson...i really am nervous about this date."

  she honestly states which takes me by surprise.

  "really?"

  i do the exact same thing she did, leaning forward and resting my chin on my hand and she laughs at me, shaking her head.

  "i'm serious grayson. i just don't know exactly how i feel about you and that scares me."

  "but i know how i feel about you bella."

  hopefully the look on my face says how i do feel about her because if i have to say that would be embarrassing.

"how do you feel about me grayson?"

so much for that.

i reach over the table and grab her hand, ready to start talking when the waiter comes over with her food and drink, which i must say is pretty annoying since they usually take forever but when i was about to tell bella how i feel the service is speedier than ever.

"my food can wait. tell me grayson."

she says when the waitress is gone so i speak quickly.

"i still like you bella. i never stopped. i think i might even be feeling something stronger than liking you. but i don't know what it is because i've never felt like this before. but i've never been able to move on because all i want is to be with you."

her jaw drops and just as she was about to say something the waiter comes back over making me roll my eyes.

  "so...are you two together or...? 'cos like, you're really hot an-"

  "walk the fuck away."

  bella orders sassily making me laugh.

  god i missed her.

eighth chapter out of ten

they're hella cute idc

i've been working on this for over a day i-

ily

-jenaya

word count:833