CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

The trolley lady came by just after and the boys had proceeded to buy it all. It's not like they didn't have the money.

They ate chocolate frogs first and were quite amused when Godric the Owl tried to eat the frog.

Sirius who just finished a licorish wand opened his mouth to say something when both the boys heard the compartment door opening. They shared a look.

"Bonjour..." Said a sing-song like voice. Sweet. Musical. Soothing. Mischievous.

James looked at the new addition and could swear that his heart stopped.

She was around his height, if not a tad shorter and was without a doubt the most beautiful person he had ever seen. (Other than his mother, obviously.) She had hair the color of liquid gold that fell in soft, pretty waves behind her back. Her eyes were seemed to be kaleidoscopic... It looked different shades of blue, green, grey and hazel depending on the angle you viewed them! None of the boys had seen something so unique and were captivated with them...The smile on her face put on display her deep dimples that made her look even more pretty. She had pale, flawless skin and elegant features that suited her well. Too well.

"I hope I will not trouble the two of you lovely gentlemen too much with my presence for sometime?" Her voice catering a teasing tone towards the end. She had an English accent underlined with another. Maybe French.

Sirius, who was trained in the art of teasing flirtations like all members of House Black, took the lead(mostly because James had this starry look in his eyes and was quite content with staring at her instead.) "The only way you could ever trouble us if you were to deny us with your breath takingly beautiful presence, Mademoiselle"

The girl dimples grew deeper as her smile grew wider. "Grand merci"

"vous êtes le bienvenu...''Replied Sirius

The girl looked surprised and pleased. "Tu connais le français?"

Sirius nodded. "Oui, j'ai appris la langue dès mon plus jeune âge. You ?''

"Je suis né et j'ai grandi en France." Replied the girl.

"Alors, ne participez-vous pas aux bauxbatons?" asked Sirius curiously.

"Peut être. Jusqu'à ce que mon père se rende compte qu'il y avait beaucoup d'endroits où s'embrasser à Bauxbatons et qu'il n'y en avait pas à Poudlard sauf des placards à balais, des salles de classe abandonnées et la bibliothèque." She replied.

Sirius laughed. James, not wanting to be left out, also laughed.

The girl looked at James, "Tu connais le français?''

James flushed, "Um... I don't really know French. My mum does. She tried to teach my father and I. After a couple days she deemed both of us unteachable and disgraceful to French."

The girl giggled. It was so... musical. "I'm sure you weren't that bad."

James gave her a challenging look. "Trust me. I was."

She smiled once again and looked between the two of them. "Are you both brothers?"

The boys looked at eachother before Sirius replied, "No. But he is my Uncle."

James scowled and lightly punched Sirius on his shoulder. "I'm not his Uncle. His mother is just my first cousin."

"Which make you his Uncle." The girl deadpanned.

James started sputtering.

The girl stared directly at James looking him dead in the eye. Hazel meeting Kelidoscopic. She gave him a warm, comforting, dimpled smile and said, "Don't worry. Acceptance is the first step to overcome denial."

James sputtered even more, his neck and ears turning red. Sirius was liking this girl more by the minute.

"I'm not in denial!" screamed James.

"And aggression is also a symptom of denial..." she said before turning to Sirius. "Wouldn't you agree?"

"Yes. But it will get better. My Uncle is a strong man." Replied Sirius before Grey and Kelidoscopic fell into laughter.

Hazel scowled before muttering about evil nephews and annoying goddesses.

"Does the Rainbow eyed beauty have a name?" asked Sirius in his teasing tone.

He also noticed the glare he was shot by James.

The girl dubbed, 'Rainbow eyed beauty' smiled but did not flush. That lone action indicated to Sirius (who was taught to pick up on small actions and use it against the enemies to House Black) that she had been called a beauty too many times to blush now.

The girl gave a light curtsy in her expensive silk, white ankle length dress. "Bonjour, mon nom est Camilla Lavensque."

"Pleasure. I'm James Potter and this is my cousin ("Nephew!") , Sirius Black" said James with his trademark grin as he lightly took her hand and kissed it.

"Lavensque... I've heard that name before- Aha! Laurant Lavensque! He's the French Minister of Magic!" exclaimed Sirius.

Camilla nodded. "I prefer calling him Grandpadre."

"How does it feel to have your grandfather be the Minister?" asked James with wide eyes.

Camilla shrugged. "Normal really. My family has been around for a long, long, long time. We've always held important positions. My papa is the Head of the Department of Law Enforcement. My moman is a prodigy in music, which I have sadly not inherited, and herbology. She discovered many plants and its uses. You know about grandpadre. Grandmadre was a famous Charms Mistress. Sometimes, I feel like there is too many expectations, not from my family, but from others. They are all just waiting to see what I will do. But, you need to just go with it, I guess. You need to defy their expectations. Not by doing something they won't expect but by doing something completely different in the bestest, funnest, aweasome way possible." At the end of her speech, both boys were looking at her wide-eyed.

After snapping her fingers in front of them and bringing them out of their trance, she decided to change the topic, "So, what's your favourite Quidditch team?"

That was apparently the right topic as both the boys grew identical smirks. Were they really not brothers?