YEAR 5

Regulus, Sirius and James are half-way through with their animagus transformation and three-quarters of the way through summer when they are given tragic news.

Camilla is a Prefect. So are Remus and Selina. Narcissa is a sixth-year prefect, Theodore is a seventh-year prefect and Lucius is Head Boy. James is made Quidditch Captain.

Sirius gasps in horror and exclaims whispers of treason and betrayal when they meet up on Hogwarts Express. Selina rolls her eyes and tells him to grow up and Camilla accidentally steps on his foot with her very pointy heels. Again.

It's their O.W.L years and the pressure is catching up to them. The Marauders play multiple pranks to distract people from their anxiety. 

Frank Longbottom tries out for the Quidditch team and becomes the new Chaser. 

Sirius gets a girlfriend. He breaks up with her after two weeks and gets another girlfriend the same day. He gains the reputation of a 'playboy', but to Camilla, he'll always be the guy who speaks about Quidditch in French with a suggestive tone whenever James is near.

Camilla has finally finished her thesis for her Alchemy master ship. Her picture is on the front page of all the major newspapers- standing between a very smug Nicolas Flamel and an even more proud Albus Dumbledore. 

In the confines of their school grounds during detention, she admits to James that she is thinking of trying to complete a Rune's Apprenticeship by the time she graduates. It was in times like this that James truly wondered just how she avoided becoming a Slytherin while being so ambitious. He voices his thoughts out loud, but Camilla simply shrugs is worries away. She gives him a small, weary smile and says that she is used to it. All her parents and grandparents and ancestors have been over-achievers, and she is used to carrying on the traditions and expectations. James doesn't fully understand how casual she is about that, but he makes a vow to himself to always stand by her side as she -no doubt- becomes just much as an over-achiever as her family members.

 Quidditch season rolls in. It's Gryffindor versus Slytherin as the first match and James is very nervous -even if he doesnt show it. His pride won't let him admit it- about it. It's his first match as a Captain, and he's worried to disappoint. After all, it's your first match that sets the expectation and pace for the rest. 

Camilla stands in the Astronomy tower and says, "Accio James!". James is pulled by an imaginary force from the Gryffindor Table and dragged all the way to the Tower, just narrowly avoiding people and furniture. He doesn't see Professor McGonagall receiving money from a grumbling Professor Sprout or Headmaster Dumbledore having a wide, knowing grin on his face.

Camilla stands alone and beautiful in the Astronomy Tower. She has a picnic basket in one hand and a golden snitch in the other. "Hello James," She smiles, "Would you like to eat jam sandwiches and treacle tarts and rant about tomorrow's game?" James chuckles but feels better already. "Yeah. Sure." 

By the start of the match the next day, he feels like a heavy weight has been lifted from his chest. He walks to the pitch confidently. Sirius is grinning behind him and Frank is smiling in encouragement. He sees Regulus wearing a smirk on the other team, and both of them mouth good luck to each other when nobody else is looking their way. He isn't nervous anymore and gives an encouraging speech to his team mates before the match. Camilla is sitting on the Gryffindor side, her hair dyed a bright red and she has red  face-paint on her. She is cheering for the team -and him in particular- very loudly and is simultaneously making faces at Catherine and Selena who are seated on the side of the silver and green. James smiles widely at her. He shakes hands with the opponent captain, Madame Hooch blows her whistle and then he is up in the air. 

They win the first match. They party in the Common Room until 2 in the morning. Somebody -the Prewetts- had spiked the drinks, so the Gryffindor's  go to Transfiguration with a major hangover. Professor McGonagall gives her whole house detention after Sirius drunkenly tries to propose to Selena Greengrass by standing on top of the teacher's desk. 

Sirius proposes to Selena again, this time sober. To everybody's surprise, she agrees. They start dating and Camilla and James call dibs to being the god-parents of their children in union.

They still visit the Black Lake and talk together. Frank asks a blushing Alice to join him with Hogsmead. Catherine confesses that she has a crush on Camilla's cousin, Theodore, much to the girl's shock and receives her blessings.

Ravenclaw wins against Hufflepuff, with Camilla scoring two-thirds of the goals. Their Captain graduates school next year, and there is a wager that she will be the next Captain. Hufflepuff loses against Slytherin. Ravenclaw wins the match against Gryffindor, but sadly loses the Quidditch Cup. THe House of Eagles do win the House Cup, however.

O.W.Ls are a nightmare, and everybody can just pity the ones studying for their N.E.W.T.S. Camilla has to visit the hospital wing every week, Catherine is spilling facts every second she opens her mouth, Selena is bringing her notes with her everywhere, Sirius makes horrible jokes to distract himself from being panicked, James keeps fiddling with his snitch and mutters about the laws of Transfiguration under his breath, Regulus pities them with amusement in his eyes, Alice is losing hair, Frank has dark circles beneath his eyes and Remus is cool, calm and collected- something everybody hates him for.

The O.W.Ls are over, and suddenly, their panic is gone as well. Camilla invites all of them on a well deserved trip to her house in the Maldives. Everybody accepts and fills Regulus with tales of horrors about his O.W.Ls next year.

The three boys finish their animals transformations secretly- a stag, a dog and a crow.