CHAPTER 5

"Hey Cam!" screamed James.

Blonde hair turned to face them in surprise before becoming happy.

"Bon Soir. I couldn't find you both at the boats." she replied.

Professor McGonnall had just gone back into the huge doors after introducing herself and giving a quick description of the Hogwarts houses.

"Did you meet up with your cousins?" asked Sirius, appearing from beside James.

Camilla nodded. "Oui, I did. I have to introduce you to them later."

"Ah-hem." came the voice of Fabian Prewett, as he cleared his voice.

"Oh right!" exclaimed James. "Camilla, these are our friends- Fabian Prewett and Frank Longbottom. Guys, this is Camilla Lavensque."

The boys both bowed and kissed her hand after she gave a light curtesy.

"Which house do you want to get sorted into?" asked Frank, attempting to make conversation.

"I belong in Slytherin. However, I am going to try to trick the Hat into sorting me into Ravenclaw." replied Camilla.

"You WANT to go to Slytherin?!" exclaimed James.

Sirius sighed and shook his head with disappointment, "And just when I thought I liked you."

Camilla, unaffected by this simply shrugged. "I'm ambitious. Not everyone who goes into Slytherin emerges mad, crazy and trying to take over the world, you know? I'm not chivalrous or brave. So, I can't go to Gryffindor. I'm not exactly accepting or loyal, ruling out Hufflepuff. I am, however, very very ambitious and I always get what I want. Slytherin is thus perfect for me. But..."

"But?" questioned Prewett.

Camilla's lips quirked, "I had a wager with my cousins earlier. Both of them bet I was going to Slytherin. So, I'm going to do everything possible not to get into Slytherin. I'm smart and a little curious, so Ravenclaw's my best bet. Besides, a Slytherin not going into Slytherin? That would be the most Slytherin thing to do."

"True.." replied Prewett with a laugh.

"But- but-" started James. "Slytherins are all evil!"

Camilla widened her eyes. "James! That is no way to talk about your mother."

And thats when James remembered that Lady Potter was, infact, a Slytherin and a very proud one at that.

"You mentioned something about a Hat." commented Sirius, steading the topic.

"Why did you?" asked Longbottom curiously.

Camilla looked at them strangely, "You all do know that we are sorted into our Houses based on the opinions of a singing hat, right? My cousins told me that."

"A Hat?-

"What happened to the troll-

"Thank goodness-

"I can not have hat hair-

"They are ready for you now." interrupted the Scottish professor.

The children followed her.

SORTING:

... "Black, Sirius!"

"GRYFFINDOR"

....

"Evans, Lily"

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Fawley, Catherine"

"RAVENCLAW!"

"Fortensque, Alice"

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Greengrass, Seline"

"SLYTHERIN!"

...

"Lavensque, Camilla"

"RAVENCLAW!"

"Longbottom, Frank"

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Lupin, Remus"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"McKinnon, Marlene"

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Meadows, Dorcas"

"GRYFFINDOR"

...

"Pettigrew, Peter."

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Potter, James"

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Prewett, Fabian"

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Prewett, Gideon"

"GRYFFINDOR"

...

"Snape, Severus"

"SLYTHERIN!"

That day saw the highest number of Gryffindors sorted, much to Headmaster Dumbledoor's delight- 11 to be exact. There were also 8 Ravenclaws, 6 Slytherins and 9 Hufflepuffs.