There's a Difference Between "Love" and 'In Love"

Mack made his way out the door of his, Jackson, and Jordan's room to get breakfast before his first class of Senior year started. He did not expect to run into a familiar face as he turned the corner of the stairway.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said as he quickly caught hold of Malia's waist.

"It's, um, okay," she said, flustered by how close they were. Something familiar coursed through her body-a warm, fuzzy feeling but couldn't quite figure it out.

The tingling sensation in her stomach made her realize Mack had touched her like this before. A glimpse of their laughter filled her ears in the distance but knew it wasn't real. Of course, Mack and her hadn't been like this before.

Mack cleared his throat after realizing that they held that position for a little longer than they should've and stepped back.

"I'm gonna go get breakfast," he told her.

"Okay," she said. They stared awkwardly for a few more seconds before parting ways. She peered back to take a quick glance at his retreating figure, carefully making sure he wouldn't notice.

Mack was sitting with his twin sister Jay, Stiles, Scott, Tom, Lydia, and Parrish on a bench in the outside cafeteria.

"I still can't believe Mack and the others walked in on you two trying to have sex," Parrish was saying to Jay and Stiles.

Immediately, bathe couple's faces turned bright red.

"Oh my God," Lydia said after a few moments of looking between their faces. "You did it."

"They totally did," Tom agreed.

"What?" Jay chuckled nervously. "Of course not-yeah, we totally did," She bluntly said, making Stiles even more flushed.

"That's my best friend," Scott patted Stiles' back from beside him.

"Gross," Mack made a gagging noise.

They were engulfed in their conversation about Jay and Stiles sex life, but Tom instantly notices his younger half-sister walking out the cafeteria building with a tall, curly haired boy next to her. They were chatting away.

"When did those two start to get so cozy together?" Tom nodded towards Andy and Isaac. Everyone turned to look at them.

"Oh, yeah," Mack started to eat his breakfast again. "She told me that they had put their "differences away" and were trying a "new friendship.""

"And you're not worried man?" Parrish asked.

"Jordan!" Lydia snapped at her boyfriend. "There's nothing wrong with them rekindling their friendship. No matter how flirty they used to be," she murmured that last part to herself but everyone could hear her.

"He has nothing to worry about with Andy," Jay spoke up for her brother and best friend's relationship.

"Because he's her ex?" Stiles acknowledged.

"I trust her," Mack said matter of factly.

"I mean they were very close friends before they became official," Scott emphasized 'close.'

"Come on," Stiles started. "We all noticed how attracted to one another before they got together," Jay gave a him a death glare, and he regretted speaking. "I mean-man, nothing to worry about with her."

"She is Andy after all," Scott encouraged.

"Yeah," Mack said, taking in every word that he heard.

Jay looked at her brother, then caught A glance of Mal, Cora, and Kira sitting together by the large tree in the meadow, and rested her eyes on Andy and Isaac.