Too Quiet

It was a bright, sunny Saturday morning  in Utah, only 73 degrees. It was around 9 a.m. as Isaac had the help of Scott, Kira, Jay,  and Mason in preparing breakfast for the rest of the pack. The weekend was the only time they had actual meals in the Moonlit dorm.

"Mmm," Andy moaned as she entered the kitchen to be delighted with the warm smell of breakfast and the freshly brewed coffee, which she pointed too; "I need some of that."

"Me too," Jay agreed, slurping purposely loud from her mug. 

"You two are addicted," Kira giggled as she herself poured herself a cup of coffee.

"We know," Andy and Jay said at the same time after looking at each other.

"I love fall," Lydia said brightly as she entered the kitchen with her boyfriend, Jordan.

"You love every season," Mason pointed out to the strawberry-blonde.

"That's true," Lydia confirmed.

Andy opened a cabinet above Isaac's head, accidentally brushing her shoulder again his as she took out pumpkin purée. He twitched slightly as he continued to flip the chocolate chip pancakes.

"You okay?" She muttered as she poured coffee, almond milk, and put a tablespoon of the purée in a blender.

"Yeah," he mumbled back.

"What're you making?" Scott asked his co-Alpha.

"A pumpkin spice latte," Andy answered, putting a pinch of cinnamon in the mixture.

"And you're making me one?" Jay asked as if Andy will.

"Je suppose que je dois," Andy sighed like it was a big favor Jay was asking.

"So is that a yes?"

"I'll take one too, please," Lydia said.

"Me too," Mal added as she and Mack entered the kitchen, clearly having an eventful night.

"Jeez, we're gonna run out of pumpkin purée in a day," Andy said.

Eventually, everyone was seated at the kitchen table after Theo and Liam came down hand in hand.

"This is delicious!" Lydia exclaimed pleased.

"J'espère bien," Andy took a sip, enjoying the warmth as it spread throughout her.

"Are you gonna go back to English?" Jay asked her best friend.

"Non," Andy said with a hint of a French accent that she was becoming stronger at.

"There we go," Scott said.

"She said "no" in the French way, Scotty," Stiles said. "Non," he failed to mimic.

"No, it's "non,"" Jay tried.

"You all are wrong, it's "non,"" Liam attempted.

"Oh mon Dieu," Andy groaned, scolding herself for the mess she just made. No one would shut up for a while. The curve of her mouth turned slightly up as she saw a hint of a smile play on Isaac's lips. Oh, how she craved to kiss them once more.

"These pancakes are amazing, Isaac," Theo said to the taller boy.

"Thanks," Isaac said.

"No, thank you," Jay said with a mouthful of food in her mouth. Everyone went dead silent. "Did I say that out loud?" She asked with the same mouthful of food. Her thanking Isaac was something no one ever heard.

"I'm glad you like them," Isaac teased with a snarky grin.

"Shut up," Jay continued to chew her food.