~twenty-six~

Macey parked and my door almost immediately swung open and I saw Calum

"It's too early" I cried out, seeing Ashton also appear.

"Only two weeks too early princess, everything is going to be okay" Ashton spoke quickly as they helped me out.

I fought through another contraction as they got me a room, where Ashton helped me to the bed.

"I'm going to start an IV, we're going to get through one more contraction, check your dilation and figure out what to do from there" he explained as all of the guys and random nurses surrounded my bed.

As Ashton wiped my arm as Calum took my opposite hand into his own.

"It's happening, Princess" Calum spoke, turning my head to look to him.

"It's not supposed to be happening" I felt a tear slide down my face.

"I know it's not planned, but birth never is princess, they come when they feel like it" Calum laughed lightly as I felt the needle slide into my arm.

"What if she's not ready?" I asked.

"It's going to be okay, you have the best doctors in this hospital in your room right now, don't stress" Luke spoke, pushing hairs behind my ear.

Calum held my hand through another contraction, breathing with me and promising me that I was okay.

After that a nurse checked my dilation- which was even more uncomfortable than I thought.

"She's three centimeters dilated" she announced as Ashton entered the room, now wearing scrubs.

"Okay Princess, we have to get to ten- it might go fast, it might go slow, let's just sit through it" Ashton grinned, bouncing from excitement.

I didn't feel very excited.

The boys never left my side, mom and Macey were in and out doing things, running home and grabbing things for the boys.

I was soon bouncing on a yoga ball, holding Luke's shoulders through a contraction.

"They're getting closer already" I heard Calum speak.

"What's that mean?" I asked, catching his attention.

"You're just dilating faster nothing to worry about" Ashton chimed in simply.

Through another 5 contractions and 2 more dilation checks, I was at 5 centimeters and in more pain than I could have ever imagined.

"This is hell" I cried into Calum's chest, feeling him kiss my head.

"A few more centimeters and you can get an epidural" Ashton spoke, rubbing my back gently.

The contractions suddenly got further apart and I was moving slower, only making this more miserable than it already was.

"So I have to discuss something with you" Ashton spoke, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I have another patient who is seven centimeters dilated, she's still moving faster than you, but she will be giving birth tonight- if something happens and you both go into birth at the same time, I may not be here for the first few pushes" He spoke, immediately making me look to him.

"No one else can catch my baby-" "and I don't want anyone else to, but if something happens, I need you to know that the other doctor on call is just as qualified and good as I am" he spoke.

"That's great to know but I really want you to be the one to catch my child."