~thirty~

I immediately woke up when I heard her crying.

I carefully stood, trying not to wake Brantley, but I soon realized that I was much more sore than I thought I was going to be.

I ignored it, carefully picking her up and shushing her.

I sat in one of the chairs beside the bed, tiredly situating her to where I could feed her, keeping myself covered while doing it.

I suddenly saw my mom move lightly in Calum's sleeping arms, sitting up once she saw me.

"She only slept for an hour" she whispered, coming to me, sitting beside me.

"I don't think I've ever been this tired" I whispered back.

"The next few days will be the hardest to get sleep, we'll try to help you out as much as we can." She spoke, pushing some of my hair behind my ear.

I let her eat until she was full, where I immediately burped her.

After she burped I brought her down to look at me, seeing her wide, blinking eyes.

"Hi baby" I whispered, seeing her mouth almost move into a smile.

"Look at those dimples" my mom gasped out, gently touching one of the indentions in her cheek.

My mom ended up going back to sleep as I stayed awake, just holding the no longer tired baby, making her smile and bonding.

I ran my thumb in the grooves of her chest, watching her breathe as her eyes looked around the room.

I didn't even notice Ashton was awake until he stood, coming to me.

"How long have you been up?" He asked.

"I'm not sure" I mumbled back, seeing him look to her as he sat beside me.

"Someone's got her days and nights mixed up" he laughed, looking to her

"Wanna hold her?" I asked him, seeing him immediately nod.

We carefully exchanged her and he held her gently, rocking lightly.

"Hi" he spoke quietly as her eyes focused to him, blinking lightly at him.

"A happy baby" Ashton smiled out, looking to her smiling face.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here for the full birth-" "you were here for the important part" I laughed lightly, seeing him smile.

"Let me just say, considering he doesn't practice in this field often, Calum did an amazing job"