Swirling Emotions

Amethyst's door opened by splitting into two halves with a wavy line and a purple light, which appeared to have a slime-like texture. She stepped out, and all she saw was Steven, Peridot, and the elegant tall blue water gem known as Lapis Lazuli. After Lapis had returned from space, every time Amethyst saw her, especially with Peridot, it felt as if something were stabbing her in the chest. She felt like yelling at her. But, out of respect and care for Steven and Peridot, she didn't. She couldn't.

To put it kindly, Amethyst really disliked Lapis. And no, it wasn't because of the fact that Lapis did try to killer her and the other crystal gems, and stole the ocean. That was nearly two years ago, she had completely moved on from that, although she was a little skeptical of Lapis at first after everything that had happened prior, her reason for not being too fond of Lapis had to do with Peridot. She hated that Lapis broke Peridot. She hated how Lapis had treated her in the past, like she was a doormat. And she especially hated that Peridot was completely fine with Lapis, and was able to move on so fast from everything Lapis had put her through. But, it didn't matter now. Why would it? The past is in the past. And it especially did not matter now because Peridot forgave Lapis, and everything was back to how things used to be.. Right?

"Heeey Stevo! Hey Peri!" Amethyst beamed, walking up to the two. Even though gems did not have biological siblings or parents, she always thought of Steven like a little brother. As for Peridot, Peridot was her best friend and she meant the world to her. And then, she saw Lapis. "Oh.. hey Lapis." She crossed her arms, and then looked away to avoid making eye contact, forcing herself not to glare at Lapis. "Soo.., where are the others?"

"I think that they went to Bismuth's forge," Steven replied.

"Amethyst!" Peridot jumped out of her seat, being incredibly happy to see her, as always, widely smiling at her.

"Per," Amethyst smiled back at the technician.

"I was just telling Lapis all about our improv sessions, and how much fun you always made them!" Peridot exclaimed.

"Oh.. um..you were?" Amethyst uncharastically shly asked, now slightly blushing.

"Yep! And I even invited her to come and watch us sometime!" Peridot excitedly added on.

"Ooh.. whoopee," Amethyst said, in a forcibly excited tone of voice.

"Amethyst, we were gonna go to Funland, and we wanted you to come with!" Steven invited her.

"With Lapis?" Amethyst asked. "Er no thanks. I think I'm gonna have to pass on that.. Sorry Steven."

"Come on Amethyst! It will be fun! Plus, Peridot really wanted you to come with. She has so much fun with you."

Amethyst looked at the two of them. They were laughing, and smiling. She could barely take it. And then she pondered upon the question, 'How could Peridot forgive her so easily after what she put her through?' And then she shortly realized after that, 'Oohh. Right. It's Peridot.., she loves us, but she also loves Lapis.' "Peridot will be fine.. She has Lapis, and they'll just end up talking the whole time anyways. I-I don't want to get in the way."

"She won't talk to Lapis the whole time. She thinks you're super fun, and she always loves hanging out with you! I think she'd be super disappointed if you stayed back," Steven insisted. "Plus - it would actually be a great opportunity to bond with Lapis."

"Pft. What's so great about Lapis anyways?" Amethyst snarkily asked, not being able to control herself from making at least one snarky comment about Lapis. Frankly, she didn't get why everyone always praised her. Yeah, she saved them from getting shattered in the gem battle against the diamonds, and yeah, she did save Peridot that one time, however, she wasn't the most fun gem to be around.