sick

I wrote this when I was sick back in the beginning of October,, It was never meant to be a fic that I would put out for other people to leave butttt since I just revised it, here it is. It's a human AU, and from Amethyst's perspective, in 2nd person.

I might post it to AO3 and Tumblr too. Who knows?

_

"How are you feeling?" Your girlfriend asks you, as soon as she walks into the room. She sets her bags down and takes off her over-sized green coat, then sitting down next you on the couch that you are lying. She takes her smaller hand and places it on your forehead, as if she were checking your temperature.

"I mean... it's pretty obvious that I feel like shit, Dot," You say back to her. You feel like garbage. Absolute garbage. You've been stuck in bed for at least a couple of days now, with one of the worst colds you have ever had.

"Aww, I'm sorry," She cooed at you. You feel a small, almost bony hand gently cup your cheek, as you watched her slowly lean towards you and tilt her head.

You then push her away, and she ends up giving you a look like she was disappointed, like she felt rejected. It's not that you didn't want her to, you did. "Ugh, I'm sorry Peri, it's just -- I don't want ya kissing me right now. I don't wanna get ya sick, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm.. pretty gross right now."

She pushes her glasses back, and gives you an almost annoyed but weirdly desperate look. "Amethyst, you've been sick for about five days now, you're most likely not contagious anymore. And, if you feel gross, go take a shower. It will help you feel better," She suggests, starting off with a tone of voice that sounded mildly defensive. "I can set the bed up for you, turn on the TV, and then make some soup for you. Okay?"

You roll your eyes, smiling and blushing, as Peridot was simply too dorky and sweet for you. It was adorable. "Okay..," You smile at her. She leans forwards and gives you a small kiss on the cheek, then gently kissing you on the lips. 'Jeez, what did I do to have someone like you as my girlfriend?' You think to yourself, as you had always wondered.