Comfort

Amethyst barged into the bathroom, something that Peridot was quite used to since she did it somewhat frequently. It didn't really annoy her because for some reason, a reason Peridot did not know, it made Peridot smile every single time she did it. "Hey Pier!" Amethyst smiled at the smaller gem, slowly but gently shutting the bathroom door. She then walked over, and climbed into the bathtub, sitting down next to Peridot, who was holding Pumpkin in her arms.

In response to Amethyst's new nickname for her, Peridot raised an eyebrow, narrowing her eyes. "Pier?" She questioned the quartz, the tone of her voice laced with confusion.

"Yup! It's m'a new nickname for ya," Amethyst chatted, as she looked at Peridot with a radiant smile across her face. She then wrapped one of her arms around the green gem, and brought her closer, "Like it?"

"Of course I do."

Amethyst giggled and ruffled the green gem's hair, "Good." A silence befell the two of them, as an attempt to save the conversation, Amethyst awkwardly started again, "...So, I haven't seen ya in like a day or two.. or something like that," Amethyst pointed out, the tone of her voice starting to change from a bright and happy tone of voice to concern, as she released Peridot from her hold. She tilted her head, "...You okay?"

"Oh. Um, yes, I am doing okay. Though I did hear the ruckus out there, and I figured, that, it would be best for me to stay out of it," She explained to the quartz, who was rather concerned about her. Amethyst always made sure she was okay, and comforted her when she wasn't, and for that, she was forever grateful to have Amethyst as a friend.

"Oh, yeah..," Amethyst said, looking away from Peridot. She now sounded unusually quiet and distant. "That."

"If you, um, do not mind me asking.. May I ask what was it?" Peridot asked, as she was now curious about what had happened earlier, but hoping she hadn't upset Amethyst by bringing it up.

"Yeah, you're fine dude, don't worry about it. So, basically, we all found out that Rose and Pink Diamond were the same person. Like, she faked her identity and lied to everyone about it. Right? So, that got Garnet to split up, then Sapphire freaked out, and hurt Ruby's feelings by basically saying their whole relationship was, y'know, based on a lie, and then Sapphire ran off. Then Ruby ran off, Sapphire came back, and after Ruby thought about it, she still wanted to be with Sapphire, so they reunited, and Ruby proposed to Sapphire, so now they're getting married, I guess. I hope that doesn't confuse you or anything, I'm.. not really the best at explaining stuff. Y'know?"

"What..?" Peridot asked, now completely shocked and a little mind blown at the information Amethyst had just given her. She now stared at the quartz, wide-eyed, as she was trying to comprehend what Amethyst had just told her. Rose Quartz, THE Rose Quartz, is Pink Diamond? Garnet almost split up for good? Ruby and Sapphire are getting married? Whatever that meant. What?

"Yeah..," Amethyst sighed, with an unreadable look on her face and the tone of her voice sounding rather upset. She then crossed her arms and tilted her head upwards, managing to avoid making eye contact with Peridot, again.

"...Married?" Peridot questioned her, tilting her head as she gave Amethyst a confused look. She did not really what the concept of marriage was. No one ever bothered to explain it to her and it never really mattered whether she knew or not because why would it?

"Oh, right, I forgot. You don't really know what marriage is," Amethyst remembered as it had just dawned on her. She then looked back at Peridot, "Soo, to put it into nerd terms, it basically like 'the state of being united as spouses in a consensual relationship that is recognized by the law' or whatever."

"Oh uh okay. So, will there be an event held for this occasion?"

"It's a called a wedding, ya dork," Amethyst responded in a now playful tone of voice, half-smiling at the technician that sat next to her. "Gee Peri, I thought your soap opera show or your tablet woulda taught ya this stuff by now."