Part 6: Dorm Inspections

Chi's pov:

After a couple good movies it was already six o'clock. I slowly leave the warmth of my cocoon of blankets to take a shower and check my burn. The ice had melted hours ago and I honestly can't feel my hand. 

I turn on the shower and wait for it to get warm. I have a few minutes to wait since we share our pipes with every Sun Dorm room. I'm actually really scared to check my burn. I've never had such a bad burn before. Sure I've had my fair share of terrible injuries, like I once had my hand chopped off by another ghoul, it took half a day to grow back, but still it grew back. 

I feel like I have got to face the truth at some point. I take a deep breath and walk towards the vanity. I decide to do it like a band-aid, just rip it off. I quickly look up and see a perfectly normal face. 

I really don't know what I was so worried about. I mean seriously, did I really think I left any evidence? I changed my handwriting so they can't go off of that. I kept my mask and wig on. I grabbed my pen and notebook. I even made sure to clean and hide the clothes I wore last night. 

I finally get into the shower and let the hot water roll over me. It relaxes my muscles. The steam from the hot water meeting the cold tiles surrounds me. I take a little longer than usual just for some well deserved me time. 

I get out and get into the uniform, admiring my scar free face. I finish my morning routine. I grab all my books and begin making my way to class. 

On my way through the Sun Dorm, I notice the aura of panic and urgency. I finally run into a guy just sitting in the common room. 

"Um, excuse me, but why is everyone panicking?" I quietly ask him. 

It takes him a moment to realize I was talking to him so I repeat my question. 

"Oh, it's a random dorm inspection, so all the girls are trying to hide their Night Class memorabilia before Zero and Yuki confiscates it," He says shrugging. 

I quietly thank him and walk towards my class. Along the way I didn't really pass anyone but that did leave time for  me to plan how to hide my food, wigs, masks, and hunting clothes before they reach my room. 

I've already installed a hidden compartment for my food, so I can just shove it in there and pull out the fake medicine. But the rest of my things, will be an issue. 

I finally get to the classroom and there were quite a few people in there. Their rooms were probably already checked, judging by the groups of crying girls. 

I overheard some things they were saying. Not much interested me but there was two things I heard that peaked my interest. One was that Yuki tries to go easy on them but Zero finds any and everything, so I'm definitely going to have to be careful about where I hide my things. The second thing I heard was that the big gossip was that since Yuki mysteriously dislocated her shoulder and needs to rest, Headmaster might need a fill in for her spot on the Disciplinary Committee. I don't think he will find someone to fill her spot because they have to be chill around the Night Class (and not try to kidnap them) and get along somewhat okay with Zero. No one here is anything close to that. 

Everyone finally gets seated and I noticed that Yuki does have an arm sling. She is also surrounded by a sea of curious people, questioning as to how she got so injured. She said that she was reaching for something up really high, and when she got it, the weight was too much and popped her shoulder out of socket. Everyone bought it, not even question what she was getting that was that heavy, or why or when.

Then our teacher comes in the class room and beings droning on about whatever topic she's talking about today. I start drawing Keizo from my memory, and I must say, I'm quite proud of it. Speaking of drawing, I need to send the wigs to Uta and make a note and drawing for Anteiku. I grab my folder and look for a blank piece of paper to draw on. As I was going through the papers, I found the old drawing of Zero I did. I take a moment to really look at it, and I notice this little dark area near his neck. I can't recall seeing him in real life with a tattoo, but maybe it was just a fake one.