Part 12: Suits and Bandannas

A/N: Don't play the song till later please!

Third Person POV:

Chi slowly opens her eyes to the dim walls of her apartment. There was some early morning light streaming through the slight cracks in the blinds. The light was slightly illuminating the dark plum walls, scattered with various band, anime, and TV shows posters.

She slowly shakes her head to gain a bit more consciousness. She turns her head to check the time, only to find its seven in the morning, a couple hours later than when she would normally have to wake up for school.

'Why so early?' She groans internally.

Slowly, she pushes her covers off her still groggy form and begins to make her way to the bathroom.

As she goes about her morning business, she can't help but feel something is weird. At first this came as a shower thought, the type like how dogs see us and have the same reaction, only this thought was, at the very least, startling for the poor girl.

'For my own room and house, I feel like I shouldn't be here.' That thought wasn't the same as when a depressed person thinks it, this was more of a thought you get late at night when you think someone is following you.

She tried to shake the thought off and the feelings that came with it as she finished her shower and morning routine.

'It's okay Chi, how about making some waffles for breakfast to lighten my mood' She nodded her head and began to walk to the kitchen to grab the ingredients.

'What am I so happy about? It's not like I can eat them,' Some deep part of her, maybe it was even someone else, whispered to her.

She stopped, nearly dropping the container of flour. 'Why wouldn't I be able to eat them?' She questioned already knowing there would be no answer. 'I mean, what was that? There's no reason for me to not be able to eat, and there's no reason for me to be worried, I probably just watched too many horror movies last night...' All her previous actions halted. She even forgot to breathe for a second when she realized she didn't remember last night or the night before, or any of the previous days either. All she can remember is vague memories of her life and friends.

'Calm down Chiyo, I'm sure there is an explanation. Just stay calm and try to list all the things you remember.' She takes a deep breath as she begins to resume her baking while listing her memories.

'Okay, well... I remember Touka, she's my best friend, practically my sister, and she works at the cute coffee shop called Anteiku. I work there too, along with Nishiki who is like my brother, and Yoshimura the owner and father like figure for all of us at the cafe. Then there's Hinami, who needs us to be there for her after her mom was killed in a crossfire situation. It was a wrong time and place thing. School is chill, Touka has a few classes with me and so does Nishiki. Oh, and there are two rival gangs near our district. I live in Suginami right between Shibuya, where I go to school, and Nerima, where Anteiku is. The two mafia gangs are the Suits and the Bandannas.

'The Suits are more of a formal gang, always seen in clean cut suits. They are more of the assassins you would call to exterminate the target quickly. The Bandannas are less formal but still very good, and are always found wearing various colored bandannas, signifying their status. They leave no traces of their presence but still manage to make a mess, so as slang people call them untouchables because no member has ever been caught .

'Anteiku is more of Bandannas' turf, Suginami is pretty neutral, and Shibuya houses one of the Suits' main buildings.'

Chi sits her small stack of waffles on her small kitchen table and returns to the kitchen to grab some strawberries and a cup of water. She makes her way back to the table and begins to eat, scrolling through her phone to take her mind off of things.