Part 11: Well, We Found Her

Third Person POV

After Takuma explained why he let Chiyo go, the rest of the group understood. Hanabusa, however, took it quite hard. 

He didn't quite know how to feel. It was just an uproar of emotions for Hanabusa. He was angry at himself for not taking her to the nurse's office when he first noticed something, but he was also ecstatic that he managed to get her out of the water, yet he feels a mix of grief and anger at the idea of Chiyo not remembering him. 

Naturally with that thought in mind, he insisted that they still need to go after her. He reasoned that she could get lost or feel even more vulnerable because she doesn't remember anyone or anything. 

In the end no matter what anyone tried to argue, they all ended up back looking for the girl. At first they thought of splitting off into pairs but then realized most of the group was vampires, so they could just track her, a simple human. 

Oh how wrong they would be. 

Yet they were unaware of what the dark brunette was currently going though, but they continued on. After a few minutes of being on their own, they all realized that they should've just split up into groups. 

"Okay so going through this with no plan will get us no where," Kaname calls out, grabbing everyone's attention. Slowly the group re-congregates around Kaname. Zero rolls his eyes but joins the group as Kaname continues. "I suggest small groups to cover large portions of land. I say our groups should be Rima and Senri, Ruka and Akatsuki, Zero and Yuki, and finally Takuma, Hanabusa, and myself. Does this sound good?" He asks. 

No one spoke of any objections, but Zero did silently question why Kaname would throw away such a perfect opportunity to be alone with his precious Yuki. Little did he know that Kaname thought that it would be best for him to put someone as 'emotionally stable' as himself with Takuma and Hanabusa since they both don't seem like they are taking the whole thing too well. 

"Ok then, I suggest that Takuma, Hanabusa, and I should check out the main building. Yuki and Zero should take the Sun dorms, so they won't attract as much attention. Ruka and Akatsuki should take the right side of the forest and Rima and Senri should take the left side of the forest. Sound good?" Kaname asks.

There was a chorus of agreements before they all went their separate ways. Kaname and his little group started walking towards the main building. 

Hanabusa's hands were slightly shaking from what he assumes to be adrenaline, but he was afraid it would make him look weak, so he quickly shoves his hands into his blazer pockets. He wasn't the only one, Takuma was also still shaking, from both adrenaline and running out of energy. 

Kaname's thoughts, however, were elsewhere. He was thinking back on all the 'attacks' and how this might've been planned. The different ones could've been in touch with her to coordinate this. Maybe, the different ones could've forced her to work with them, but she refused and they did something to her to make her so weak. 

Through every scenario he thought of, he couldn't put all the pieces together, especially the parts of no one knowing any background on Chi and when she thought 'You have no idea,' when he first met her. This whole situation is giving him a headache. 

Soon, Kaname's mind began to wander, 'why has this one girl had such a big impact on their lives?' Before, she was just a temporary replacement for Yuki, but now, she seems to be connected to everything. How could this one girl make such a big impact on two of the stronger vampires in his group? 

The desire to understand the situation became all too much for the "level headed" Kaname and he had to ask the two directly involved, even if he knew it would only make them worse.