Part 10: Who Are You?

Third Person POV

The masses of girls had grown closer and closer to the unstable railing, pushing fate just to see some fish. Chiyo was trying to merely stop them from getting too close and someone falling in, but alas, how fate had turned against her.

She weaved her very sick form to the front of the group to try to stop them from pressing on any further. Chi takes a deep breath and steadies herself to yell a warning to the girls.

"Move away from the railing, it could break at any point!" Chi strenuously yells over the mass of girls.

Then, like a massive wave, silence rolled over the girls and they all took a step back, realizing how rickety the railing really is.

Chi, however, is proud that she got them to listen to her without any help, but her body is suddenly too weak to support herself. In a vain attempt to steady herself, she reaches her left hand down on the very railing she was just giving warnings about.

Just as she thought she might be able to stand properly again, a deafening crack rings out around the space. Before anyone had anytime to recognize where the sound came from, the railing began plummeting towards the rapid moving water, taking Chi with it.

The next few seconds went in slow motion for Zero and the others as they watch the new girl drop to the crashing water. Then, everything went back to normal speed and Chi was still falling without a struggle. Hanabusa and Takuma rushes to the sides of the bridge in a futile attempt to catch her.

Chi roughly hits the water and the situation clicks with everyone as they all begin screaming for help and running around scared. Yuki, who is supposed to be resting, begins trying to get all the girls back to the dorms with Zero following in her lead.

The two Night Class students at the edge of the bridge are soon accompanied by the rest of the Night Class. Even the self-righteous Kaname joined the group at the ledge. Maybe it was out of genuine worry for the girl, however un-needed, or he didn't want to seem cold and unfeeling.

As the entire group congregated, the poor black haired girl just hit the hard rocks, rendering her unconscious.

Before anyone could attempt to come up with an idea to save her, or even just recognize that Chi has passed out underwater, Hanabusa was already jumping in the water in a valiant attempt to to save his damsel in distress.

"Hanabusa no!" Takuma shouts, reaching for Hanabusa. It was too late as Hanabusa is already inches from the water.

With a big splash Hanabusa is submerged. He resurfaces to look around the water for the sunken girl. The entire Night Class is yelling for the idolized guy to come back. Hanabusa dives down for the Disciplinary Committee member.

The water was getting rougher and rougher and poor Hanabusa, desperate to save his only friend, has yet to get to her. The entire Night Class is beginning to feel restless at the sight of their classmate desperately trying to retrieve the girl.

Zero and Yuki have finally reigned the girls back into their dorms. They were expecting to see the calm and collected Night Class either conjuring up a plan to save her, or just have kept walking to class without a care in the world for the drowning girl. Yet, when they came back, the once level-headed Night Class was in shambles.

The Night Class was now yelling for Hanabusa to get back to shore so they can safely get the girl back in. Kaname almost looked worried. It was so new it seem unreal to the Disciplinary Committee members to see them like this.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What's going on?" Yuki yells over the chaos.

For a second everyone stopped to look at them, but soon returned to their previous state. Kaname however approached the two to explain while the rest of his classmates act like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.