CHAPTER 1 - "Boot camp"

It was the year 2021. The Kingdom of Zarconia had been the forefront of general trade, but its specialty was decorative flowers since they were growing a good breed that's only possible on their lands. For decades, other countries have been longing for what the kingdom had been exporting. The continent it belongs to is only spreading fertile soil, and would have a bigger export amount if the flowers keep coming.

Zarconia has its own castle grounds. The grounds are filled with separate courtyards, most with flowers and others with fountains. And in the middle of the grounds would be the castle with a height of 75 feet. The east and west wings only reach 3 floors, while the main castle in the middle has 6, with the tower being the highest one.

It was high noon and Zarconia was under the hot sun. Inside, the throne room was wide-spaced, and there were windows at the far walls. The throne room only had one throne, and it was occupied. A female, in her older teens was seated there, talking to someone on a smart phone. She had natural green hair, styled to be mid-lengthened to her shoulders, while wearing a golden tiara. Her legs were crossed and she was focused on the conversation she was having on her smart phone.

"As I said," she would speak in the middle of the conversation. "I'm not going to accept if any of our soldiers pull back completely... Hm... As you were pointing ou- NO!!" She would immediately stand from her throne, feeling outraged. "I don't care if those Yankees get all the fun! There will be no fucking peace talks with the rebels! They will start bowing down to us! And if any mercenaries get in our way, we could- Allied?! Them?! They're just pushing our buttons, Bailey! Tch... Forget it. You're not helpful."

And a humanoid figure wearing light brown robes with its face covered with the same color walked to where she is. "I assume he's not changing his mind," the figure spoke with a rough male voice. "I suppose the main plan must go on, Princess."

"If it's how it is," the crowned teen would say then "we have to be ready to have some internal trouble. Not everyone would be happy that the rebellion is squashed right then and there, as much as I wanna deny it. I don't care, really. The Council of Triquett will just start crumbling on themselves FOR ALL I CARE!!" She would then stomp on the floor, giving off a short vibration and chipping off a part of the stone. "If those rebel scum don't start giving it up, then trade will immediately fall. And then where would our revenue come from, huh?!"

"Calm yourself, your highness." The man replied. "Look... If you really are serious, then I'll get people ready."

"Then see to it, Lopar." The crowned teen simply said before she went for the door, leaving the throne room behind. "Of the High Sun, I am surrounded by incompetent people. I guess my way's the better way. They'll see." Her thoughts would try spiking with emotion, but she was making sure she maintains composure in the situation.

Region and City Cluster of Triquett... Entering from the northeast end of the city, United States mercenary groups were patrolling the sidewalk, and their vehicles were on standby near some buildings. As N'Zala was looking out the window of the covered jeep, he can see everything as if there wasn't any trouble, and it remained that way. Triquett had stayed half-and-half since the Zarconian rebels were still trying to take back their territory. Almost all of the northeast section of the region is now technically under allied mercenary control...

Senna yawned, stretching her arms, loosening bones from her cartilages, and looked outside, relieved there wasn't that much combat.

Senna – Dear Diary. This is probably the first time I'll be writing this, but I'm gonna be going to Triquett, largest multi-religion trading city the Kingdom of Zarconia.

As the jeep was being parked at one of the most secure buildings the mercenaries owned, the one in charge of putting the jeep on the parking spot would guide them first. The jeep was then guided in and it comes to a full stop. Everyone dismounts from here. N'Zala leads Senna into that building...

It's not my first time getting a mobile drone setup anywhere. I'm good at it, because I'm dependable, speedy, but mostly, I can do it under pressure. I just can't do so much when I'm so much closer in combat. That's not me. I can do mostly anything with gadgets. As for anything else? It can be anybody's guess already.

"Senna," N'Zala would call in front of her. He led her onto a set of narrow stairs before climbing up. "These people will be expecting results. I suppose you know about the retractable drones they're using."

"Yes," Senna replied. "It's mostly deployed when it comes to gathering reconnaissance reports for any squad looking for information about their enemies' positions. I heard their new models have advanced lasers in any case that guided bombs would be used. I just hope..."

N'Zala could tell Senna was imagining what weapons do to people and it makes him groan. She's a little too focused on the color of war and a firefight. "Stay focused, Matrik."

Senna gasped and breathed to get herself in control. "I'm sorry about that. I tend to be a little nervous on blood spatter."

"I think you already told me that before. Stay focused, Matrik." He replied. "Here we are. Squad Coordinator should have some news for us this time."

Senna follows N'Zala to a room on the third floor that was occupied by a single soldier guarding the exit, and a commanding officer behind a tactical map of the Triquett region. She would listen to their briefing, but she would remember a memory for herself.

I used to be so ignorant of the affairs of the world. All I knew... was to serve Zarconia.

2 years prior to events...

Senna was doing pushups. She was making sure her body was straight and the grass was visible during the day. She didn't care if there was anyone watching her or not. In this case, however, most of her teammates and friends on boot camp.

Others her age only watched her do pushups alone, and they saw a drill instructor shout instructions at her, telling to keep pushing herself.

I used to do pushups for granted. But I got cocky one day, got late to one of the drill sessions, and the drill instructor literally killed off my focus while shouting out orders.

The drill instructor was understood by Senna, but when her focus started to blur out while she was doing pushups, she didn't hear her instructor carefully of what else she needed to do in the pushups, like in a challenge, was a requirement if ever a scenario should be adaptable. Because she didn't hear it, he raised his leg and struck his boot down at Senna. She was slammed to the ground afterwards.

My instructor just wants the best out of me even if I was slammed down like that. I was knocked for a while... 30 minutes, others tell me. The instructor of course was reprimanded by camp superiors, but even if I made a testimony on that instructor's lack of flexibility, I still said that he's not to blame. If one's integrity as a soldier would truly be polished, it'll only be done if they're truly prepared. No matter they say, I took my own faults as my own and not his.