one

John POV
New Bostin Airport

"I still don't get why you have to send me away, Father." I frown.

"Well, I think it'll be better for Sabrina and Nolan. And my wallet, since we've had to bribe the guards to let you out of jail several times."

My father had taken me to the airport, and was sending me away to a distant famous high school.

I did not want to go.

"Father, please! You're wallet's fine! I haven't been to jail since my..." It pained me to say the name of that terrible place.

"Readjustment classes, I know. John, I'll just tell you why I'm sending you away. Sabrina would tear up the whole school, and Nolan would probably just get stressed out and cry the whole school year. You however, will act responsible, right?" He pat my shoulder and handed me a rolling suitcase.

I noticed my father's faint aura shaking.

"You're lying." I growl.

I hate lies.

"Fine. Nolan almost got killed because of you. Sabrina looks up to you and causes more mayhem, wanting to impress you. You make our household unsafe!" I can tell Father has been bottling up his unpleasant feelings about me for a long time. "You know, your mother could probably tell you were bad luck! Maybe if you were never born, she would've-" He stops himself. A look of terror is plastered on my face.

So this is what Father really thinks of me, huh?

I know why he's afraid.

He thinks I'm going to kill him.

His words triggered my anger and caused my ability to activate.

"Wow! You're such a great father! Blaming your strongest son on your wife's disappearance, and then you think he's going to kill you? What kind of a person do you think I am? Do you think I'm a monster too?!" I start yelling, and a crowd forms around us. "You're only sending me to this Wellston place so you can get rid of me. I know your intentions, and don't think I don't understand them!" I feel tears gather at the corners of my eyes. "F*ck you."

I walk towards my airplane's boarding entrance and deactivate my ability.

Vaughn POV
Wellston Headmaster's Office

John. He's here.

"Come in." I say.

The door to my office opens and reveals a tall, well built boy. His eyes, partially blocked by his messy raven hair are a powerful gold. His skin is peachy, and he wears the same hoodie and cargo shorts he did at the hearing. Last time I saw this threat, he was sad. Now, he was plain out defeated and miserable. He had dark eye bags and looked like he had been crying for a long time.

"Please sit down, Joh-"

I'm interrupted by the boy.

"Treat me as a cripple."

What? Why would this god-tier want to be treated as a cripple?

"Why?"

"Just do it. Don't tell anybody about my ability, or my past school. Everybody from New Bostin hates me with a burning passion, so I'm hoping I can start over here."

"John, you know how poorly cripples are treated, right? I'd expect you especially would know, your father being one and all." I realize that I'd just talked badly of his father. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I don't care about him." John looks away from me. "That Keene guy told me he'd show me around campus, so I'm going to go now."

"Wait, before you leave, please remember to not have Wellston end up like your old school." I remind him.

"It won't, I promise." He sadly smiles. "Whelp, I'll be going!" He turns around to leave.

"One final thing. I don't know why, but a man from the authorities named Keon told me he'd be working a part time job here to keep an eye on you."

John starts to shake.

Without another word, he leaves my office.

Huh. I didn't think that's how this meeting would go.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey! Author here- hope you enjoy my new fanfic!

the updates might me a bit slow because I'm trying to maintain like 20 fanfics at once so yeah

Word count: 700 :D
Date of Publication: July 22, 2019