seven

??? POV
???

The phone beeps, signaling that our call is over.

After all these years, we've finally found you. I want to see you. I need to see you. We will all be happy. So will the boss.

I grab a pencil and a pad of paper to write my thoughts out.

You don't know who I am. You used to. You used to spar with me and make me laugh every day. That was until the boss ruined you. How're you holding up nowadays? Boss is guessing that you're a monster. All the rest of us hope you've finally found happiness. We've never stopped looking for you. Ever. Each day, a member sets out to look for you, failing. But now we know where you are. You're in danger, please hide. You have no idea what Boss's planning, do you? I know you can fight back, but during the call she told me about your scars. You can fight Boss all you want, but you'll never get rid of the eternal effects of us. I'm sorry. So, so sorry. I'm sorry I haven't been there for you. It's too risky. You deserve better. Please forgive me.

Venix

I fold up the note and place it in an envelope. Grabbing my boots, I walk out of my office and head for Wellston.

John POV
???

I can't see anything.

I can't hear anything.

I can't feel anything.

I'm in a void, that's all I know. I find that I can only feel myself.

Hands shaking, I reach for my arms and grab on to them.

The scars. They're even deeper.

My hand travels up my arm, feeling each and every divot in my skin. I feel my neck. Cuts all over.

Then, there's a woman. She's blurry and I can barely see her, but she seems familiar.

"Wake up." A voice snaps, and I jolt awake.

Was all of that just a dream? Who was that woman? Why did that just happen?

There's a weighted feeling in my chest, but I ignore it. There's something inside of my body that's begging me to not show up to school today. Why?

Then a confusion washes over me. What did I do last night? How come I don't remember anything? Did I do something illegal and is that why I'm scared to go outside?

Although all the signs were telling me not to, I grabbed my pitch black earrings and backpack, then headed for Wellston Private High School.

Nolan's choker was still worn tightly around my neck, but as I glided my finger along the accessory, I felt that one of the threads was loose. It was strange, Nolan's creations never broke. Especially mine. Father always seemed to make him take extra time on my soon-to-be-presents. Maybe it was a coincidence?

Why am I being so paranoid today?

I felt my feet slip on the school's concrete path before I could comprehend what was happening.

Laughs surrounded me, and a crowd formed.

My vision focused on the person who pushed me.

Zeke.

I'm going to kill him.

Zeke POV

I see that prissy cripple dazed out while he walks in the middle of the path. I glance around to see if there are any people. Cliques are gathered around the courtyard, and elite to high tiers are sparring at the entrance doors.

Perfect. I have an audience.

Before he knows I'm there, I lightly shove him to the ground, grabbing the attention of the cliques, high tiers and elite tiers. They form a crowd around us, starting to laugh. John seems like he hasn't even registered my attack.

"What's the matter Johnny, too scared to fight back? Let's be real, this is a one sided fight. You shouldn't even try." I spit on him.

He slowly gets up and smiles.

The crowd starts mocking him.

"Sure, cripple. Keep smiling and everything will be fine. Zeke's about to beat you so hard!"
"He's stupid! How can you smile like that in the presence of Zeke!"
"Yeah! Don't you feel his powerful aura? He hasn't even activated his ability yet!"
"Go King Zeke!"
"Guys, why's John not analyzing the fight like he usually does? He's acting strange. Zeke should be prepared."

Me- be prepared? Who said that?!

I calm myself, deciding that this worthless scum is my number one target.

"Are you ready to die Johnny Boy?" I smirk, raising up a fist.

He just sits there, looking at nothing in particular, smiling.

As soon as I move my fist to punch, he grabs it.

The crowd is silent.

He grabs my fist, looks up, and I feel my face drain in color.

He's smiling. His eyes look ready to kill.

And his eyes are glowing.

Date of Publication: 11/19/19
Word Count: 802