nine

No POV

"John! What the hell are you doing?!" The ravenette disregarded the yell, it could've been somebody attempting to distract him. Although, despite his conclusion, the voice didn't sound like a student. It was a bit more refined and mature.

It could've been a teacher, but if they saw John fighting with even a fraction of his true power they'd be cowering in fear.

"Get off of him!" The voice yelled again. It was from a female, and sounded desperate. A woman jumped out of a black van, and continued yelling at John. But the god-tier was too absorbed in his blood lust to notice her. Zeke was covered in burns and cuts, but John knew he could do better. He attempted to remove the choker again, but the woman didn't seem to like that.

A ball of gray light hurdled towards John. A millisecond before contact, the ravenette activated a barrier spell. The mass of light bounced off, and flew towards the yelling woman.

The god-tier's eyes widened at the sight of her. He knew her somehow, but from where?

The woman's eyes glowed a faded gray, a small tint of yellow interlocking itself with the rest of the glow. She seemed very strong, though she didn't have a dangerous aura. Her blonde hair was styled in a bun, and her gray trench coat brushed against her shiny black knee-high boots. The woman was relatively thin, and looked as if she hadn't been sleeping well.

Her eyes widened as the light travelled at incredible speeds towards her, but she did something very peculiar before it hit her. She looked at John as if he'd do something. As if he'd try to save her. Little did the woman know, John was excited to see her get hit. He wasn't in his right state of mind, but he sure did enjoy the new way he was thinking.

The light simply absorbed into the woman's body as it hit.

"Oh, I thought it would've been more exciting. Maybe you would've died." John let out a small chuckle, and tried to rip his choker off one last time.

"For the love of god John, stop!" she screamed.

Her words were laced with heartbreak, guilt, and a note of nostalgia.

The raw emotion in them would've been enough to make any person stop in their tracks.

But clearly, she had underestimated the empathy of John.

The ravenette tugged on the fabric, and it snapped. So very easily.

John's breathing became heavy. His vision blurred. Then he heard screaming. So much screaming. Darkness. Shadows. The begging of others.

Tears poured from the blonde woman's eyes.

"It's too late..." she murmured, before everything surrounding the merciless boy covered in a black light.

John POV

It's just like when my ability started glitching. But it's worse this time. Somehow it's worse.

I can't even comprehend the pain. I can't breathe. Every scar on my body feels like it's melting itself from the inside out. There are people screaming. Children sobbing. Everything is spinning. It's all covered in shadows.

Something wet falls down my cheek. Tears? Am I crying? I can't tell anymore.

It feels like something bottled up inside of me is being released. But I can't tell if it really feels that way or if I'm going crazy. Could both be possible?

Through the overwhelming darkness and blaring cries, I hear the soft whisper of a woman. The woman from before? Why is she still here? What's she saying? I can make out her silhouette.