eight

John POV
Wellston Courtyard

Does he really think he can get away with shoving me in front of all these people?

"So you think this is a joke?" I growl. He just stares at me with cocky eyes.

"Well, you can't really do much, can you? I bet your ability is a simple strength enhancement or something. My ability is much stronger." Zeke scoffed.

I use Sabrina's ability and I conjure up a dark spell. It creates a whirling barrier around us, and individual black shadows take form of mine and Zeke's fears. The howls of the inky blackness around us comfort me. I know they shouldn't; this is a dark magic spell meant to destroy people's minds. So why is it soothing?

Suddenly, a pain shoots up from my scars, and the shadows dissolve into nothing. The crowd around us looks petrified.

"Psh! Creating a stupid dome? That's it? What a weak ability!" There's not even an ounce of fear in Zeke's voice.

"You have no idea what I'm capable of." I grab the scars that burn the most, trying to keep the mind-numbing pain at bay.

"That's all you can do? Did your stamina run out after not even a minute? What a joke!"

No POV

John frowned at this.

"Says the coward who calls himself a king. Normally, somebody who talks that high of themselves can back it up. You? I don't think you truly can." The ravenette stared into Zeke's blue eyes, vicious emotion radiating from his tall stature.

"Did you just call me a coward?!"

"I did. What're you going to do about it?"

Zeke's sly green eyes shrunk into vicious slits. "You'll pay for that!" He hissed, shifting his arms' hue from a pale color to a shade resembling his hair.

The students surrounding Zeke and John just watched. John had an ability? Everybody was saying he was a cripple. What was going on?

John's arms mimicked Zeke, but instead of a plain sky blue they were a nauseating pitch black. There was an aura around John, it was terrifying. Everybody felt so much pressure, the black energy radiating from the ravenette's body draining every last bit of their energy.

Accompanying the deadly black aura was a grin. Not a small or innocent one, a sadistic one. John watched Zeke slowly breathe in a defensive pose with his glowing eyes. A feeling of bloodlust crept over the boy.

He hadn't done anything like this in a while.

"Zeke, please go easy on me..." John pouted his lips, though his eyes retained their psychotic attribute.

Without so much of a warning, John engulfed his body with black, proceeding to punch Zeke's features.

Blood splattered the concrete, the boy's lips swole up and his eyes began to glaze over. His skull cracked on the path on impact, a result of Zeke's weakened state.

John briefly regained his composure.

"That wasn't much fun, was it?" He tilted his head to the side, looking down at Zeke like he was a small dog. "Get up." John snapped, and his opponent felt his wounds heal.

"W-what?" Zeke was in awe. Why would he heal him?

"To answer your question, which I know you're thinking, I'm healing you for the rush. I'm going to keep healing you so you can feel every ounce of pain I want you to. You're my puppet, and there's no escaping." John's dull pupils dilated.

The sadistic student sped towards Zeke and burned his arm with shimmering black flames. His arm turned into a blade, and the prey was impaled.

There was a shock on the back of the ravenette's neck. He grabbed where he had felt the electricity, but only felt Nolan's choker. Another strand was loose, and a minute tear in the fabric was shown at the bottom.

John began to grow flames again, but he felt the same electric sensation.

Again, he only felt the choker when attempting to feel something.

The choker Nolan made for him.

The choker exclusively designed by his father.

The choker that ripped whenever John used any bit of his endless potential.

The choker William Doe used to keep his most powerful son's destructive and nightmarish powers at bay.

No longer would John let his father control him.

He gripped the accessory with a bloody palm. He pulled it from his neck, and right as it was about to snap,

"John! What the hell are you doing?!"

+++++++++
So... it's been a while...

I decided to update this today because of three main reasons.

1. I received several comments asking for an update.
2. A Christmas present to all of you :)
3. I wanted to make progress with the story.

Also, sorry if the writing is bad quality. I've only slept for four hours in the past twenty-four hours. Remind me not to binge Netflix when I'm supposed to be writing.

Date of Publication: 12/25/19

Word Count: 827 oofer gang